Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Approved for EAD Card Application for October 2017 Timeline?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Approved for EAD Card Application for October 2017 Timeline?

Hi everyone,

I submitted my I-765 application last October, and it was received by the USCIS on October 6, 2017. I have not heard back from them since and status is still "My case was received" on the website. I asked several friends who applied around the same time too, and they have not received anything either.

I was just wondering if anyone who's applied around the late September-October timeline have received their EADs or even status change that it's been approved? I went to the USCIS field office and they told me the Potomac Service Center (where they are processing my application) is still working on documents from July 1st, 2017, and that it might be another 2-3 months before they even picked up my application, and I should expect my card to come around April. Does that sound right??

From my previous experience it took me 64 days to get approval for a pre-completion OPT, but mine just got lost in the mail and never came. The second time I re-applied for a new EAD card I got an expedite request approved so it took me only a month. I am at a loss on what to do now. Any help? Thoughts? Advice? Would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

well the process is going forward and some started receiving the cards as due to holidays and all I think its getting late u have 90 days if not give a call to uscis
    Not a Legal Advice, Just a suggestion

Comment

Originally posted by palkodi View Post
      well the process is going forward and some started receiving the cards as due to holidays and all I think its getting late u have 90 days if not give a call to uscis
      Thanks palkodi! My case got approved last Friday (12/22) and now status is "New Card is Being Produced." Praying that it will get here by the end of this week/early next week!

Comment

Originally posted by ririgoei View Post
        Thanks palkodi! My case got approved last Friday (12/22) and now status is "New Card is Being Produced." Praying that it will get here by the end of this week/early next week!
        U will get it will no issues
        Not a Legal Advice, Just a suggestion

Comment

not sure if this is too late, but I applied for my OPT/EAD Oct 30, 2017 and JUST last week on January 25th, 2018 the online status changed from "case received" to "new card in production". On January 29th, 2018 the status changed to "new card sent in mail".

The status change to new card in production (aka application approved) took almost 90 days for me. It should get to you soon if it already hasn't.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by ririgoei View Post
            Hi everyone,

I submitted my I-765 application last October, and it was received by the USCIS on October 6, 2017. I have not heard back from them since and status is still "My case was received" on the website. I asked several friends who applied around the same time too, and they have not received anything either.

I was just wondering if anyone who's applied around the late September-October timeline have received their EADs or even status change that it's been approved? I went to the USCIS field office and they told me the Potomac Service Center (where they are processing my application) is still working on documents from July 1st, 2017, and that it might be another 2-3 months before they even picked up my application, and I should expect my card to come around April. Does that sound right??

From my previous experience it took me 64 days to get approval for a pre-completion OPT, but mine just got lost in the mail and never came. The second time I re-applied for a new EAD card I got an expedite request approved so it took me only a month. I am at a loss on what to do now. Any help? Thoughts? Advice? Would be much appreciated.

Thank you!
            How did you get an expedite request? What document did you have to show?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X