Fiance with my child... need some guidance please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiance with my child... need some guidance please

hello everyone i'm hoping you guys can shed some light on my situation.

i am a naturalized US citizen and Filipino Citizen at birth, in short I'm a dual citizen. At the moment, i currently reside in the Philippines with my unmarried wife. Three months ago she gave birth to my daughter in the Philippines. Now, my question is what is the best approach for the process of taking both of them to them to the US... please please help me out on this as i can't find anything with the same situation.. thank you and ur input will be appreciated.

Apply for their fiancee visas, K-1 and K-2. Congratulations on the little one

Comment

Originally posted by xerxesleo View Post
      hello everyone i'm hoping you guys can shed some light on my situation.

i am a naturalized US citizen and Filipino Citizen at birth, in short I'm a dual citizen. At the moment, i currently reside in the Philippines with my unmarried wife. Three months ago she gave birth to my daughter in the Philippines. Now, my question is what is the best approach for the process of taking both of them to them to the US... please please help me out on this as i can't find anything with the same situation.. thank you and ur input will be appreciated.
      For your fiance, you can either petition her for a K-1 fiance visa to come to the US and marry, or you can marry her first and then petition her for an immigrant visa as a spouse.

For your child, she is almost certainly a US citizen. Specifically, you had to have been a citizen when she was born, and you must have been physically present in the US in any status before her birth for a cumulative total of 5 years, including 2 years after you turned 14. Since you naturalized, you almost certainly have spent more than 5 years in the US. Since she is born out of wedlock to an American father, you need to agree to some additional things before she turns 18 in order for her to be a US citizen, but that will be satisfied in the process of applying for her CRBA. Basically, you would apply for a CRBA and US passport for her.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X