Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marriage? EAD card? Employment? Which Option is Best for Us?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage? EAD card? Employment? Which Option is Best for Us?

I am a US citizen and my boyfriend from Saudi Arabia studied in the US for about 6 years. We have known each other for 3 years and been together for 2 years. We have lived together (both names on a lease) and traveled together a couple times (many pictures).
    He graduated and his student visa was expiring and he received notice that his OPT was accepted and would be getting an EAD card very late and he was already planning to go back to Saudi Arabia to get a new visa and passport. He did not have time to look for jobs here and our apartment lease was ending. His EAD card is still valid. He left in August 2017.
    Now he is now working in Saudi Arabia but he wants to move back here.

What is the best option for us since he already has an EAD card? He can easily get a tourist visa but would a fiancé visa look better for us?
    Would he get a green card faster through marriage or through employment (without a current job in the US)?
    I have been applying for many jobs myself in our field (Public Health) and every application asks if I am a citizen and many job postings say they are not taking anyone who may need a sponsorship.

If he comes to the US as a tourist would he be able to work with his EAD card? Would he be able to work while on a fiancé visa?

If anyone could provide any information we would greatly appreciate it! Long distance without knowing when we will see each other is so hard!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X