Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US citizen (OCI), studied in India from 1st grade to Degree in India, needs TOEFL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US citizen (OCI), studied in India from 1st grade to Degree in India, needs TOEFL?

Hello,
    My Son is an OCI studying in India from 1st grade to Degree. He is completing his degree in B.Tech Mech, engineering next year. Does he need to take TOEFL test for doing MS is US.
    He is going for GRE this year and need to know what are the best colleges in US for MS Mechanical engineering. Are there different GRE tests for US citizen and Foreign students. Appreciate your response .

Regards,
    Prakashkumar

Yes

I had an ABCD classmate back in the 90s who grew up in Chicago and went to India for 11th and 12th grades. In the 12th grade, he had to take TOEFL along with SAT. Even though he's American, the universities wanted him to take TOEFL since his most recently school was not in the US or an English-speaking country.

Comment

Unfortunately yes

Yes he has to. My classmate in the 90s studied all his life in the US, but only 11th and 12th grades, he studied in India. Even then, the American universities wanted him to take TOEFL along with SAT simply because his last school was in a non-English native speaking country.

Comment

The 1st grade is possible if you put your 100% hard work with the degree that you are going to select to continue in the Indian university. The university portal is now working on the grade from the old results of position with the grade.
        Last edited by ceci1073; 05-20-2020, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Nice

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X