Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Study USA Preferred 500 cover HPV vaccine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Study USA Preferred 500 cover HPV vaccine?

Hi,
    I have purchased the STUDY USA HEALTHCARE PREFFERED 500, and would like to ask if it covers HPV vaccine and any gym membership fee, such as LA fitness. Thanks!

Study USA

You should call your benefits department to discuss what is covered under your plan but for general information those items are not covered in student medical plans.
    This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Almost certainly. Vaccinations, compared to many other healthcare expenses, are pretty cheap.

Compared to even a short hospital stay with Covid-19 symptoms, it’s a lot cheaper. Compared to moderate or serious symptoms and a hospital stay, it’s 100s or 1000s, maybe 100000 times cheaper.

I presume that US health insurance companies are under a big financial strain right now. Covering patients with covid-19 must be draining or eliminating their profits for 2020. Some may have co-pays for vaccination, just to help defray some of the money they’re bleeding out. It has to have been massive.

My sympathy is limited; the executives who’ll earn fewer millions this year will almost certainly ask sacrifices of their workers, and/or lay some of them off - and possibly drop their health insurance coverage. They’ll probably raise rates and lower coverage for their members. This system is absurd. Ridiculous. It couldn’t have been much worse had someone deliberately designed a failure model. Everything about it functions badly. If this doesn’t wake the nation that it’s unsustainable, I completely despair. And I’ll think more seriously about emigrating.
      pikashow
      ​ppsspp emulator

Last edited by abhamit533; 06-25-2023, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jjjyyyzzz View Post
        Hi,
        I have purchased the STUDY USA HEALTHCARE PREFFERED 500, and would like to ask if it covers HPV vaccine and any gym membership fee, such as LA fitness. Thanks!
        This original post was created in 2017, so the plan has made changes to their benefits since then. It's best to contact the benefits department of the plan you have purchased to confirm the coverage at the time you purchased the policy. Currently, the Study USA Healthcare Platinum plan has an optional rider that can be selected to include coverage for some vaccinations such as Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR), and Chicken Pox. The HPV vaccination isn't listed as an included vaccination under this benefit.

The plans will also not provide coverage or reimbursement for the gym membership fee. This plan is primarily designed to cover you if you were to unexpectedly get sick or injured while studying in the United States.

If you have any further questions, you can review the plans certificate wording or contact our office at 1(866) INSUBUY 467-8289.
        Thanks & Regards
        Insubuy
        Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
        Local: (972) 985-4400
        Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X