• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help on divorce

long story short american born
    i got married a year and a half ago found out my wife was cheating on me
    got proof that she was cheating
    told her family that she was cheating no one believed me so i showed them a bit of what i had
    now after about a year later they said they finally want to end it but it seems like they are playing some games probably trying to make a case against us (just a guess)
    her dads in india for 4 months they asked someone and they said it has to be exactly over 2 years to have a mutual consent divorce

so my questions to everyone here is, is that true? do i have to wait 2 years to file a mutual consent divorce?

do i or my family have to be in India to file for it or can i send a letter saying i consent because im afraid they will jail me under fails charges and then blackmail my family

Also, can i file for divorce from america and will it count in india? if so how?

Just get divorced the in state you both reside in. Hire an attorney, and don't take advice from adverse parties

Comment

Originally posted by inadmissible View Post
      Just get divorced the in state you both reside in. Hire an attorney, and don't take advice from adverse parties
      Her family is here.. she never made it out here because she was older than 18 to qualify

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X