Recruitment fears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recruitment fears

So I work as a mechanical engineer for a firm that almost never does Green cards (I am the first one in 4 years). This means they really dont have a whole lot of experience.

My PERM was started, we received the wage approval. Then in October the lawyer told me they are going to start the recruitment process.

I havent heard anything for months now, and it is all very hush hush.

I am worried that they didnt quite "tailor" the job per my skills, and just put the advertisements for a regular BSME. Could this put a stop to moving forward with my GC app (if they received a lot of qualified applicants?)? I still have a few years left on H1, so could restart the application from scratch?

I have a masters but my job is for bachelors only (so they filed for bachelors level). Is recruitment a major hurdle to pass usually for GC apps (especially for bachelors)?

Originally posted by federernadal View Post
    So I work as a mechanical engineer for a firm that almost never does Green cards (I am the first one in 4 years). This means they really dont have a whole lot of experience.

My PERM was started, we received the wage approval. Then in October the lawyer told me they are going to start the recruitment process.

I havent heard anything for months now, and it is all very hush hush.

I am worried that they didnt quite "tailor" the job per my skills, and just put the advertisements for a regular BSME. Could this put a stop to moving forward with my GC app (if they received a lot of qualified applicants?)? I still have a few years left on H1, so could restart the application from scratch?

I have a masters but my job is for bachelors only (so they filed for bachelors level). Is recruitment a major hurdle to pass usually for GC apps (especially for bachelors)?
    Help anyone? Looking to understand what I'm up against.

Comment

Indeed, if they find qualified US candidates who are available & willing to work at the proffered wage, they can't file an immigrant worker petition for you

Employers usually embark on the green card process to retain employees who are very difficult (if not impossible) to replace. So, recruitment usually isn't a big obstacle

If your employer advertised for a dime-a-dozen BSME who can't actually do your job, then they had poor guidance from their attorneys. On the other hand, if you can be replaced by a fresh grad, then perhaps you should look for a different job that makes the best use of your specialized skill set

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X