Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-Entry to US from Mexico Border..

Hello,

I am in a terrible situation, I am on F1 Visa my current I20 is terminated. I got admitted to new college but unable to transfer my SEVIS bcoz of termination.
    I am planning to cross the US Mexico border with new I20 to update the SEVIS and re-enter but unfortunately my bad luck is passport to about to expire in next 4 months. Will the border security accepts the passport which expires in less than 4 month? I planning to re-new the passport in tatkal but no Idea when will be expecting. Any suggestions?

Originally posted by rajachilaka9 View Post
    Hello,

I am in a terrible situation, I am on F1 Visa my current I20 is terminated. I got admitted to new college but unable to transfer my SEVIS bcoz of termination.
    I am planning to cross the US Mexico border with new I20 to update the SEVIS and re-enter but unfortunately my bad luck is passport to about to expire in next 4 months. Will the border security accepts the passport which expires in less than 4 month? I planning to re-new the passport in tatkal but no Idea when will be expecting. Any suggestions?
    Have you tried contacting your international office? They should know. Also, is there any way you can rush a new passport application?
    Filed I-130, I130A, I-485, I-765 & I-864
    Date Mailed: 01/25/2018
    Date Received: 01/30/2018
    Date Received NOA Letters: 02/06/2018
    Received Biometrics Letter: 02/17/2018
    Biometrics Done: 02/26/2018
    RFIE (I485): 02/23/2018
    RFIE in mailbox: 3/3/2018
    RFIE received by USCIS: 3/8/2018
    USCIS update - EAD being produced and sent to me: 5/25
    EAD sent me to: 5/31
    I-485 "ready to schedule interview: 6/1
    EAD in hand: 6/4
    i485 interview notice has been sent in the mail: 6/4

Comment

Originally posted by rajachilaka9 View Post
      Hello,

It sounds like you have an Indian passport? India is one of the countries whose passports are not required to be valid for 6 months.

I am not sure you will be able to enter on your F1 visa if your SEVIS can't be transferred though.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X