January 2018 AOS filers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mr.Diaz View Post
    Ok my friend here is my story... I filed concurrent in the beginning of October (last year) and it took me about 14 weeks to get my receipts of NOAs. I was going nuts. The reason why is because my lawyer did not send my paperwork until the end of December, but he did not tell me. He was just making sure he had done everything right. Every time I called him to ask about what was going on his staff told me to keep waiting... to make the story short I am grateful with him because he did a great job. I have not received a RFE (thank God), and appreciate him taking the time to prepare a well prepared case. I got my NOA on January. My PD is January 4th and I did my Bios on January 31st. It?s being 91 days since my PD and 65 days since I did my Biometrics. Now I am currently waiting for my Combo Card. Just hang in there my friend. Everything will pay off.
    Mr.Diaz,

if I remember correctly, your field office is Raleigh, NC, isn't it? Processing times there are 5.5 Months to 12.5 Months for family based adjustment of status cases. 5.5 months = time it takes to process 50% of cases & 12.5 months = time it takes to process 93% of cases. Since you have not had a RFE by now, you are unlikely to get one. Your timeline is most likely leaning toward the 5.5 months OR less side. Here is the link to the processing times. You have to scroll down to see the specific time range for family based petitions. https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/#mainContent

Comment

• Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
      Mr.Diaz,

if I remember correctly, your field office is Raleigh, NC, isn't it? Processing times there are 5.5 Months to 12.5 Months for family based adjustment of status cases. 5.5 months = time it takes to process 50% of cases & 12.5 months = time it takes to process 93% of cases. Since you have not had a RFE by now, you are unlikely to get one. Your timeline is most likely leaning toward the 5.5 months OR less side. Here is the link to the processing times. You have to scroll down to see the specific time range for family based petitions. https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/#mainContent
      No biometrics yet?
      Filed I-130, I130A, I-485, I-765
      Priority Date: 01/22/2018
      Date Received NOA Letters: 02/02/2018
      Courtesy Letter for i693: 02/20/2018
      Biometrics Done: 02/21/2018
      Interview(rec' approval letter): 05/31/2018
      EAD card in production: 06/02/2018
      EAD card in hand: 06/07/2018
      SSN card in hand: 06/09/2018
      GC approval/production notifications: 07/08/2018
      Card mailed notification: 07/09/2018
      I130 & I485 approval letters received: 07/09/2018
      GC in hand: 07/11/2018

Comment

• Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
        Mr.Diaz,

Yes I am from Raleigh, NC. I should be getting my EAD pretty soon. Yes, you are right, it looks like my office does not takes long for AOS. When I renew my EAD for DACA I got my EAD in barely 2 months two years ago. Crossing my finger for a speedy process. Good luck to you and wish you a speedy process too.

Comment

• Pending Biometrics appointment notice

My PD is 10-Jan-2018 and till date i have not received the biometrics appointment notice.
          I have called up customer service contact number on 21-Mar-2018 and they created a Service case asking me to wait for 15 days.
          But till date there is no further update after the Service case is raised.

My Biometrics were done in May 2017 during my L1-A visa stamping in Canada, does it mean USCIS will consider my biometrics of May 2017 and is not required for my AOS filed in Jan 2018.

I am little worried, since there is no update or confirmation from USCIS.
          Please suggest if anyone have see similar scenario.

Comment

Yes I am from Raleigh, NC. I should be getting my EAD pretty soon. Yes, you are right, it looks like my office does not takes long for AOS. When I renew my EAD for DACA I got my EAD in barely 2 months two years ago. Crossing my finger for a speedy process. Good luck to you and wish you a speedy process too.
            I am willing to bet a dollar you will get your interview before your EAD. There is also a rumor going around that USCIS is going straight to interviews with DACA AOS cases. And doing so makes sense. Best of luck, Mr.Diaz.

d

Comment

• Originally posted by kaylip View Post
              No biometrics yet?
              Nothing. My field office is Minneapolis, MN - second slowest in the country. Field offices are about to hit a very tight bottleneck with the new interview requirement for all employment based AOS cases. It has not quite hit yet. I am actually looking at a job in Greenville, NC and another one in Cleveland, OH. I will do anything to get my spouse this green card ASAP.

Comment

Ok my friend here is my story... I filed concurrent in the beginning of October (last year) and it took me about 14 weeks to get my receipts of NOAs. I was going nuts. The reason why is because my lawyer did not send my paperwork until the end of December, but he did not tell me. He was just making sure he had done everything right. Every time I called him to ask about what was going on his staff told me to keep waiting... to make the story short I am grateful with him because he did a great job. I have not received a RFE (thank God), and appreciate him taking the time to prepare a well prepared case. I got my NOA on January. My PD is January 4th and I did my Bios on January 31st. It?s being 91 days since my PD and 65 days since I did my Biometrics. Now I am currently waiting for my Combo Card. Just hang in there my friend. Everything will pay off.
                I have a question. My original PD was Jan 30 but since I received a RFEI, is my "new PD" now March 8? Like... the rule of thumb is that you should get your EAD within 90 days of your PD, correct? Or within 90 days of the RFIE date?
                Filed I-130, I130A, I-485, I-765 & I-864
                Date Mailed: 01/25/2018
                Date Received: 01/30/2018
                Date Received NOA Letters: 02/06/2018
                Received Biometrics Letter: 02/17/2018
                Biometrics Done: 02/26/2018
                RFIE (I485): 02/23/2018
                RFIE in mailbox: 3/3/2018
                RFIE received by USCIS: 3/8/2018
                USCIS update - EAD being produced and sent to me: 5/25
                EAD sent me to: 5/31
                I-485 "ready to schedule interview: 6/1
                EAD in hand: 6/4
                i485 interview notice has been sent in the mail: 6/4

Comment

• I am not sure

Originally posted by BlahBlah1846 View Post
                  I have a question. My original PD was Jan 30 but since I received a RFEI, is my "new PD" now March 8? Like... the rule of thumb is that you should get your EAD within 90 days of your PD, correct? Or within 90 days of the RFIE date?
                  I am not sure. I think once you get an RFE your case stays on hold until you send your requested info. I don?t think it resets all over again.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
                  I am willing to bet a dollar you will get your interview before your EAD. There is also a rumor going around that USCIS is going straight to interviews with DACA AOS cases. And doing so makes sense. Best of luck, Mr. Diaz

d
                  Thank you! I will keep you all updated once I hear something.

Comment

• Interview schedule for May 7th

Hello you guys I just received my interview notice schedule for May 7th at 1:45pm. I am super excited!!! My PD is January 4th and I did my Biometrics on January 31st. I have not received my EAD yet. If I get approved before October I might not get one because I currently have one under DACA which expires in October. Super excited 😆
                    I am from Raleigh, NC.

Comment

Hello you guys I just received my interview notice schedule for May 7th at 1:45pm. I am super excited!!! My PD is January 4th and I did my Biometrics on January 31st. I have not received my EAD yet. If I get approved before October I might not get one because I currently have one under DACA which expires in October. Super excited 😆
                      I am from Raleigh, NC.
                      YAY! Congrats! Since I am also from Raleigh, NC (PD is Jan 30) it gives me hope that I might hear something soon, too!
                      Filed I-130, I130A, I-485, I-765 & I-864
                      Date Mailed: 01/25/2018
                      Date Received: 01/30/2018
                      Date Received NOA Letters: 02/06/2018
                      Received Biometrics Letter: 02/17/2018
                      Biometrics Done: 02/26/2018
                      RFIE (I485): 02/23/2018
                      RFIE in mailbox: 3/3/2018
                      RFIE received by USCIS: 3/8/2018
                      USCIS update - EAD being produced and sent to me: 5/25
                      EAD sent me to: 5/31
                      I-485 "ready to schedule interview: 6/1
                      EAD in hand: 6/4
                      i485 interview notice has been sent in the mail: 6/4

Comment

• Originally posted by BlahBlah1846 View Post
                        YAY! Congrats! Since I am also from Raleigh, NC (PD is Jan 30) it gives me hope that I might hear something soon, too!
                        Yes you should be hearing something soon.

Comment

Hello you guys I just received my interview notice schedule for May 7th at 1:45pm. I am super excited!!! My PD is January 4th and I did my Biometrics on January 31st. I have not received my EAD yet. If I get approved before October I might not get one because I currently have one under DACA which expires in October. Super excited ��
                          I am from Raleigh, NC.
                          Awsome..! Congratulations..! UScitizenFilingforspouse did told you that you will get an Interview notice before EAD that's awesome...!I think your EAD will be approved meantime. please keep us updated. My PD is January 25th (Newark,NJ)and I received RFE that I responded on 8th March. I hope I hear something too...!
                          Last edited by tomjerry111; 04-06-2018, 03:43 PM.

Comment

I am from Raleigh, NC.
                            Just a question. Did you send Form I-693 along with your co-current filling?

Comment

• My case was received Jan 31, did biometrics in February.

Today got notification that it was transferred to another office. Not sure if that is good or bad, but at least some movement happening.

Comment

• Originally posted by tomjerry111 View Post
                                Just a question. Did you send Form I-693 along with your co-current filling?
                                Yes, my lawyer sent form I-693 with my application. The interview notice I received says to bring it if I have not yet submitted with my application.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by tomjerry111 View Post
                                Awsome..! Congratulations..! UScitizenFilingforspouse did told you that you will get an Interview notice before EAD that's awesome...!I think your EAD will be approved meantime. please keep us updated. My PD is January 25th (Newark,NJ)and I received RFE that I responded on 8th March. I hope I hear something too...!
                                Yes I will keep you all updated. Good luck!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X