No announcement yet.

January 2018 AOS filers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filing i-485/ap/ead. i-130 already approved with a Nov 2017 PD date. Nebraska Service Center.

Sent Jan 23
    Notices issued Jan 31
    Biometrics notice Feb 28
    Biometrics complete Mar 7

Good luck everyone!

Comment

• Filed on Jan 19.
      Biometrics done on walkin Feb 9.

Now waiting... no news or status updates. USCIS case status still says "case received" on all 4 receipts (130, 485, 131 765)

Comment

• PD: 01/17/18
        Biometrics: 02/05/18

The website never changed since January, 26th. Did anyone here get EAD or interview notice?

Comment

• Hi there just wanted to share my timeline

Package sent: 01/29/2018
          PD: 01/31/2018
          Notice:02/14/2018
          Bio letter: 02/26/2018
          Biometrics appointment: 03/09/2018

Los Angeles

Comment

• Originally posted by leov View Post
            PD: 01/17/18
            Biometrics: 02/05/18

The website never changed since January, 26th. Did anyone here get EAD or interview notice?
            They are still in november for EAD based c(9). I think it could take more 2 months to get ours
            Field Office: Miami-FL
            Package sent: 01/26/2018
            PD: 01/29/2018
            Texts: 02/06/2018
            NOAs: 02/10/2018
            Biometrics: Received 02/16 - Done at 02/27 - Walk-in
            Interview is ready to be scheduled: 03/26/2018
            EAD card is being produced: 06/18/2018 (140 days)
            I-765/I-131 - Approved 06/19/2018

Comment

• I posted this in a different forum as well but there's more traffic here...

I posted my case timeline here before... We filed on Jan 19 2018. Biometrics done Feb 9, walkin. Since then we'd check the status online and no changes other than "case received" on 131 485 130 and 765

Today, 3/26 we got a letter. AOS interview is scheduled for April 25 2018! Yes...

I'm very inclined to just accept this unbelievable win and just roll with it but wife is asking questions, therefore I'm asking too. If anyone knows any reason as to why the interview would be scheduled so quick, given the trends lately, please chime in.

Comment

• Originally posted by kukumjacka View Post
                I posted this in a different forum as well but there's more traffic here...

I posted my case timeline here before... We filed on Jan 19 2018. Biometrics done Feb 9, walkin. Since then we'd check the status online and no changes other than "case received" on 131 485 130 and 765

Today, 3/26 we got a letter. AOS interview is scheduled for April 25 2018! Yes...

I'm very inclined to just accept this unbelievable win and just roll with it but wife is asking questions, therefore I'm asking too. If anyone knows any reason as to why the interview would be scheduled so quick, given the trends lately, please chime in.
                OMG there was very faaast
                Congratulations

Btw, which city are you in?
                Is your I-130 has been approved before you send the other forms?
                Last edited by krlosrb; 03-26-2018, 08:17 PM.
                Field Office: Miami-FL
                Package sent: 01/26/2018
                PD: 01/29/2018
                Texts: 02/06/2018
                NOAs: 02/10/2018
                Biometrics: Received 02/16 - Done at 02/27 - Walk-in
                Interview is ready to be scheduled: 03/26/2018
                EAD card is being produced: 06/18/2018 (140 days)
                I-765/I-131 - Approved 06/19/2018

Comment

• Initiated application I485 as USC spouse,but online status shows Employment-Based

Hi All,

Not sure if this is the right thread to ask this question, have been reading different experiences here about filing and processing times of I485 and I think you guys can help me. I filled form I485 and I765, for AOS as I'm married to a US citizen entered states on K1 visa in Nov, 2017. Below are my case details :

Applications received : Jan 19, 2018 at Chicago office
                  Bio-metrics done : Feb 12, 2018
                  receipt number : MSCxxxxxxxxxxxx

The whole time the online status stated 'Your case was received on Jan 23,2018. we are reviewing the same... etc'
                  but today I got an email from USCIS-CaseStatus and it mentioned that they have scheduled my interview on March 26,2018 with below details :

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS

Your Case Status: Testing and Interview

On March 26, 2018, we scheduled an interview for your Form I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS, Receipt Number MSCxxxxxxxxxx. We will mail you an interview notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

I got excited and checked the status on https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/mycasestatus but there is says **'Employment-Based Interview Was Scheduled'.**
                  Now, I'm freaking out! How can this happen as I'm 100% sure I fiilled my forms correctly i.e. AOS based on the category 'Person admitted to US as Fiance of US citizen'. Also, I do have the digital copies of the forms which I sent.

Can anyone please help me in this scenario, has a similar thing happened to anyone else?
                  Can't reach out to the customer care representative today as it is already past 6 PM. Please help or suggest what should I be doing next.

Comment

OMG thats super fast and thats great news ...you are so lucky. Which city & State you filing from?

Comment

• Our FO is San Francisco. i-130 not approved. Nothing was approved before this letter. We were braced for the long haul, with the EAD & AP wait of at least 4-5 months given the current trends. And we were thinking her AOS interview should have come sometime in October, November.

Case status online has not changed.
                      Last edited by kukumjacka; 03-26-2018, 10:08 PM.

Comment

• AOS interview 3 months in W/O EAD or AP

Originally posted by kukumjacka View Post
                        Our FO is San Francisco. i-130 not approved. Nothing was approved before this letter. We were braced for the long haul, with the EAD & AP wait of at least 4-5 months given the current trends. And we were thinking her AOS interview should have come sometime in October, November.

Hi Kukumjacka (and all the other helpful users),

Same for me and my husband, I am a US Citizen as i was born here and hes from Jamaica. He currently has a 10 year visa but right now he?s on his student visa as he?s attending school here in Florida. We got married November 17,2017 and filled through our lawyer In January and all documents were received January 19,2018. He recieved Biometrics in February (can?t remember the exact date) and Today we just recieved a letter for the AOS interview scheduled for Mid-April. Nothing was updated online as it still says documents were recieved. I was just wondering should we be worried or be very thankful because he too has not received any EAD or AP. Also we live w/ his mom and weren?t able to do most of the stuff we were going to do to show proof as I?m not working and studying and him as well. All we have is our marriage record, our change of address which is proof we are living together, and a bank account we created before getting married. Should panicking be in order ? They can?t possible think we?d get our lives together in just 4 months... could they ?
                        Marriage Based AOS
                        Married: 11/17/2017
                        PD: 01/19/2018
                        Biometrics : 02/20/2018
                        Interview notice : 03/24/2018
                        Interview date : 04/24/2018
                        Currently waiting for GC......

Comment

I filed in January 2017 (Los Angeles) - Marriage based AOS to USC

PD - 1/17
                          Biometrics - 2/15 (appointment)
                          EAD Approved - 5/3 (Day 106)
                          Interview Notice - 5/4 (Interview date 6/7)
                          Approval - 6/8 (Day 142 - approved day after the interview).

Some cases move a lot faster than others for whatever reason. Some cases are a lot more complicated than others. Having your case processed faster than average isn't necessarily a bad thing. This process is stressful enough as it is so don't imagine problems where there aren't any. Go to your interview prepared, be truthful at all times and if there are no valid issues with your case you should be fine.

My own personal case had a few quirks with it.

Here is a link to my timeline if you care to read it.

Comment

• So, case status changed this morning. I am also getting the: "Employment-Based Interview Was Scheduled" status but it seems this is not correct. I would ignore it and proceed with the interview.

Comment

Great news!

Although after reading this I am checking my mail every 20 min to see if I get anything, which is not healthy at all haha

Comment

• January SanFran filler

Originally posted by kukumjacka View Post
                                Our FO is San Francisco. i-130 not approved. Nothing was approved before this letter. We were braced for the long haul, with the EAD & AP wait of at least 4-5 months given the current trends. And we were thinking her AOS interview should have come sometime in October, November.

Pretty much identical situation here. PD 1/10/2018, got an interview letter for April 24th in San Francisco. No other updates, especially about EAD/AP...

I've seen bunch of posts people having interview before getting EAD/AP... I do hope that invitation to an interview will speed up EAD/AP though

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X