Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For immigrant Visa- DOB is different in passport and Birth Certificate

Hello

I already filed petition for my parents to immigrate to USA, petition has been approved. Case has been transferred to NVC and now i need to submit visa forms and Affidavit of support forms. They asked for passport copies for my parents. I already submitted birth certificate. My mother's DOB is different in passport and DOB. Will there be any problem if I submit my mother's passport with different DOB?? Did anyone has same situation? Is there any alternative to this??

Please help!
    Thanks

Yes it will create problem. You should have checked your documents before submitting those to NVC. You had options to solve this problem before submitting documents.

Other option is: When NVC comes back to you asking discrepancy in DoB, your mom need to justify that discrepancy. You may provide other documents to support correct DoB.

Then, it all depends on NVC if they buy into your justification.

Originally posted by ip84 View Post
    Hello

I already filed petition for my parents to immigrate to USA, petition has been approved. Case has been transferred to NVC and now i need to submit visa forms and Affidavit of support forms. They asked for passport copies for my parents. I already submitted birth certificate. My mother's DOB is different in passport and DOB. Will there be any problem if I submit my mother's passport with different DOB?? Did anyone has same situation? Is there any alternative to this??

Please help!
    Thanks

Comment

Hi,

Any update on your case? Did it resolve?

Thanks,
      MK

Comment

Originally posted by ip84 View Post
        Hello

Please help!
        Thanks
        Hi,

I have same situation for my mother. Did you get to resolve this issue? What action did you take?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X