Parent Will Have Different Name on New DS 160

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parent Will Have Different Name on New DS 160

Don't know if anyone has encountered this issue before.

I might need to complete a new DS 160 for the B1/B2 Visitor Visa. So I filled in my father's name on the DS 160. Only after I submitted I confirmed that he has not officially changed his name back to his original name (A situation in a particular country back when he was very young, where certain ethnicity had to change their names to the local sounding ones; they had name change document for this (If they need to explain the different name); decades later, new regime, they can change their names back if they want to). So the original name is not yet reflected on his documents. And this is the name I put on the DS 160. If I complete a new DS 160 and put down his current name, will this discrepancy affect anything? Or should I just leave it as it is? On the off chance I am asked to show birth certificate or family registration to prove relations (If parents are sponsoring/paying for my trip), these documents will show his current name.

What do you advise?

I don't see a problem.

You are not really going to the US on B2 based on who your father is.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Thank you. So do you think I better complete another DS160 with his current legal name?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X