Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Current H1b Expiring Apr AOS Filed (Marriage) Expedite I-765?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current H1b Expiring Apr AOS Filed (Marriage) Expedite I-765?

Hi all,

New to the forum!

I have the following situation:

I'm current H1b; married US spouse in 2014 we've been living together ever since.

My current H1b expires early April - my lawyer filed my AOS along with i-765 today and seems to think the EAD will arrive before my H1b expires but I'm not as sure.

My wife and I depend on my employment to meet our monthly expenses and for our health insurance coverage.

Will a request for expedite the EAD on the grounds of losing my employment & our health insurance likely be denied?

My employer is writing a letter to support my request to expedite.

Thanks!

Originally posted by Achiltibuie123 View Post
    Hi all,

New to the forum!

I have the following situation:

I'm current H1b; married US spouse in 2014 we've been living together ever since.

My current H1b expires early April - my lawyer filed my AOS along with i-765 today and seems to think the EAD will arrive before my H1b expires but I'm not as sure.

My wife and I depend on my employment to meet our monthly expenses and for our health insurance coverage.

Will a request for expedite the EAD on the grounds of losing my employment & our health insurance likely be denied?

My employer is writing a letter to support my request to expedite.

Thanks!
    There are no guarantees, but no harm in trying. You can also get your senator involved, but you would be asked to wait until your case is beyond the 75 day period or at-least close to it.
    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X