L1A extension and GC processing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1A extension and GC processing

I am on L1A visa now. Visa validity will end by Aug 2018. I am looking for options to apply GC. My immigration team says that, now it will take about 8 to 10 months to process GC in EB1 Category. They are advising me to go for L1A extension first and then for GC.

1) Any idea on current processing time?
    2) Can I file I 140 and I 485 concurrently? What is the risk involved?
    3) If we do it separately - Is it advisable to process premium I 140 and go for I 485? Will this reduce the overall GC processing time significantly?

Thanks

Originally posted by avsjayan View Post
    I am on L1A visa now. Visa validity will end by Aug 2018. I am looking for options to apply GC. My immigration team says that, now it will take about 8 to 10 months to process GC in EB1 Category. They are advising me to go for L1A extension first and then for GC.

1) Any idea on current processing time?
    2) Can I file I 140 and I 485 concurrently? What is the risk involved?
    3) If we do it separately - Is it advisable to process premium I 140 and go for I 485? Will this reduce the overall GC processing time significantly?

Thanks
    2. Yes you can and you should, since that is likely to cut processing time.
    3. File concurrently, and go for premium processing of I140 if you want to get a result regarding I140 asap. There is no premium processing for I485. Also EB1C does not have premium processing. So if that is the category your question becomes moot.
    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X