Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1 visa approved according to VO but passport in administrative processing. No221g

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

221 g Refusal Email After Initial In Person Approval

Had my interview yesterday for the B2 - Tourist Visa. Had done Biometrics and everything prior to this interview.

Interview went well, 15 Jan 2018, and the Interviewing Officer said that my Visa was approved and to collect my passport within 3-5 days. They didn't even ask to see any of my paperwork, which I had everything they would need.

Then 2 hours after my interview, I get a call from the Consulate saying they need me to fill out the 221g. Then received the email saying that my Visa is refused until I send the questions back.

I'm working on the questions, no, have nothing at all that would have them question anything other than having a Muslim middle name and surname.

Any advice?

Originally posted by brokenfoot View Post
    My timeline:

28-dec-2017 (thu): dropbox @ chandigarh
    8-jan-2018 (mon): got email saying collect passport from chandigarh
    11-jan-2018 (thu): collected passport, found 221g & asking to come to Delhi for 10-finger-printing before 10 AM, no appt needed
    12-jan-2018 (fri): went to delhi for finger-printing. Everyone in the line was issued 221g to appear either for finger-printing and/or interview. There were a few ppl who had gone for bio-metrics a week back and then were again called for finger-printing. Somebody didn't do their job properly!!

Visa status (AP):
    Case created : 02-Jan-2018
    Case Last Updated: 12-Jan-2018

Passport status:
    After 11th, status changed to 'Your passport has been picked up' &
    after 12th (after submitting my passport again to Delhi embassy), status is still 'Your passport has been picked up'. Have sent an email to '[email protected]' asking for correct status.

Have rescheduled flight once.

Comment

Originally posted by swasti View Post
      Yeah... I got the same reply when I emailed them. And from now on all they will ask you is to wait.
      Yes. I would suggest you to wait a few more days. It took me almost 3 weeks to get my passport back.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by waitingforpp View Post
      My interview was at 11:30am. Yours? I’m from SF bay area. My status date has changed three times but same status. Do you think it means something ?
      Mine was around 10. I think you are good. Don’t worry. I believe the process involves updates from one than person looking at the application.

Comment

Originally posted by parm79 View Post
        Yes. I would suggest you to wait a few more days. It took me almost 3 weeks to get my passport back.

- - - Updated - - -

Mine was around 10. I think you are good. Don’t worry. I believe the process involves updates from one than person looking at the application.
        This is my 4th week. Date updates every week but status remains the same. I dont know what does that mean ?

Comment

No updates

Originally posted by waitingforpp View Post
          This is my 4th week. Date updates every week but status remains the same. I dont know what does that mean ?
          For me even status doesn't change. Last date change was 8 August. No new update since

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X