No announcement yet.

L2 EAD processing time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once your status changes to Card mailed, you can call up customer care and ask for a tracking number to track the card delivery.

Btw, yours was Initial EAD or renewal application at VSC.

All the best!!

Originally posted by honeysingh View Post
    I received my approval notice (mail) from VSC today; now hoping to get the card soon. Interestingly, the website is still showing no change in status.

Here is the timeline:

- 10/30 USCIS received
    - mid-December expedite request declined
    - mid-Jan case enquiry - got standard response that it is in line for processing
    - 1/29 raised service request (post 90 days) - got standard response
    called customer service - got standard response
    requested local senator on his website - did not get any response
    - 2/12 got approval notice on 106th day

Keeping my fingers for the actual card now.

Comment

We have similar timeline.
      - 10/26 USCIS receive
      - 01/06 Raised SR (standard response)
      - 02/05 Raised 2nd SR via customer service (standard response)

Could you share if yours was a new application or renewal?

Originally posted by honeysingh View Post
      I received my approval notice (mail) from VSC today; now hoping to get the card soon. Interestingly, the website is still showing no change in status.

Here is the timeline:

- 10/30 USCIS received
      - mid-December expedite request declined
      - mid-Jan case enquiry - got standard response that it is in line for processing
      - 1/29 raised service request (post 90 days) - got standard response
      called customer service - got standard response
      requested local senator on his website - did not get any response
      - 2/12 got approval notice on 106th day

Keeping my fingers for the actual card now.

Comment

Hi Su, did you get any details in your infopass appointment? Does it help to take infopass appointment?

Originally posted by su0152 View Post
        My case was received on 17th October. Still haven?t got any updates. I have an infopass appointment tomorrow. Will let you know if they give out any new information.

Comment

Originally posted by devendraw View Post
          Mine is Oct 13
          My case is still pending. I filed on Oct 24. Don't know how long we should wait.
          This is so stressful.

Comment

Originally posted by Jagjeet View Post
            Hi Su, did you get any details in your infopass appointment? Does it help to take infopass appointment?
            Hi,

Yes- on the 6th Feb infopass appointment the officer at the local field office told me that my case was assigned to someone and I should be hearing an update soon.

But till yesterday, I didn?t see any updates. So I booked another infopass appointment for today.
            Today the officer informed me that my card was produced 2 days back and also gave me the USPS tracking number! Surprisingly, the USCIS website still shows my case status as ?Case was received?

So I would suggest you all to keep checking your mails.

Thanks !

Comment

Thanks for your revert Su. Wish you the best, hope you get your EAD card soon in mail now.

Best,

Originally posted by su0152 View Post
              Hi,

Yes- on the 6th Feb infopass appointment the officer at the local field office told me that my case was assigned to someone and I should be hearing an update soon.

But till yesterday, I didn?t see any updates. So I booked another infopass appointment for today.
              Today the officer informed me that my card was produced 2 days back and also gave me the USPS tracking number! Surprisingly, the USCIS website still shows my case status as ?Case was received?

Thanks !

Comment

How to take infopas appointment

Hi.....

How to take infopass appointment

QUOTE=su0152;556780]Hi,

Thanks ![/QUOTE]

Comment

Hi what is l2 ead processing time for A18 catagory in california service center

Hi what is l2 ead processing time for A18 catagory in california service center

UOTE=Jagjeet;552620]I called the customer service and was told the current wait time is about 5 1/2 months for ead applications and was told to wait.[/QUOTE]

Comment

What is your receipt date? Min is April 4th, 2018.

Anyone know if we can ask the customer care to change our service center as some of the other service centers take half the time of what California center takes?

Comment

Processing time

Originally posted by Jagjeet View Post
                      I called the customer service and was told the current wait time is about 5 1/2 months for ead applications and was told to wait.
                      Hi, when did you finally receive the card? How long did it take?

Comment

L2 EAD experience

Hi All,

EAD Renewal package delivered to USCIS on July 26th. Vermont Service Centre via Dallas.
                        The existing EAD was expiring on Dec 4.

Raised multiple SRs with USCIS beginning Nov 5. Was always told that its standard processing times and the document will be processed in order they are received.
                        Contacted Ombudsman around the same time. They could not help. My wife had a job and she would need to go for unpaid leave if the EAD was not received on time. We cited financial hardship and submitted her paychecks and HR letters asking for work permit verification. Apparently loss of employment is not reason enough to request expedition, however an open job offer qualifies.

Spoke to Supervisor at USCIS and the same response. 180 days is standard processing time and they can only take a request to expedite if that has been crossed.

Status Change to Approved on Dec 12th and to shipped on 17th. Received card on Dec 20th.

May be us calling USCIS and Ombudsman multiple times helped, may be not. You never know.

My wife was outside the US when the EAD expired. She was allowed to work while away with regular pay. She couldn't - had she been in States when EAD expired.

Turn around time - 148 days / 4 months 25 days.

Hope this info helps others.

Good luck and I hope no one is adversely impacted by this stupidity.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X