Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAD for L2 visa approval delayed for more than 180 days

Hi All,

I have applied for EAD , I am on L2 visa. I have submitted the application on June 20th 2017. The expected processing time is 90 days but it is almost 180 days. I havent got any status update or approval.

1. Is there some delay going on backend for all applications. Does anybody know about it . OR any sort of changes happening in processing time.

2. Also my passport will expire in march 2018, I am going to apply for renewal. So Do I have apply fresh EAD again for this year. or will be applicable for this year .

Please let me know if anyone experiencing such a long delay.

Thank you

Opt extension pending almost 180 days

Hi, I am facing similar issue but I am on F1 visa. My case was received on July 17th, 2017 and no updates since then.

I've tried various ways to 'push' it but none of them worked. I am so desperate because I will have to stop working starting from next week.

If anybody knows how to deal with the issue, please share your opinion and help us...

Originally posted by prathihm View Post
    Hi All,

I have applied for EAD , I am on L2 visa. I have submitted the application on June 20th 2017. The expected processing time is 90 days but it is almost 180 days. I havent got any status update or approval.

1. Is there some delay going on backend for all applications. Does anybody know about it . OR any sort of changes happening in processing time.

2. Also my passport will expire in march 2018, I am going to apply for renewal. So Do I have apply fresh EAD again for this year. or will be applicable for this year .

Please let me know if anyone experiencing such a long delay.

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by nora77 View Post
      Hi, I am facing similar issue but I am on F1 visa. My case was received on July 17th, 2017 and no updates since then.

I've tried various ways to 'push' it but none of them worked. I am so desperate because I will have to stop working starting from next week.

If anybody knows how to deal with the issue, please share your opinion and help us...

My recent call was transferred to next level of support and the officer told me , they have received 8 times the no. of applications they received every year in 2017. So many applications pending and are in back log. Hence the delay.

I am not sure how was the info was correct. But I never got this info anytime before I called. Always they said no updates in first level of support. So call them and ask them to transfer your call to next level of support and check. Hope this helps

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X