Visiting Schengen countries with travel document

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visiting Schengen countries with travel document

I'm a permanent resident of the USA with a green card obtained as a direct result of refugee status (refugee from Russia). I have a travel document issued by the USA (I-571). I am planning to travel to Europe for a month to visit my relatives there (they'll be flying from Russia) and visit around 8 European countries. The closest is approximately 600 miles away from Russia. I am going to get a Schengen visa for my Travel Document and not going to use my Russian passport. Should I list all the countries I am planning to visit in my application for the Travel Document (I-131)? What are the chances that I won't be allowed back to the US? Will it have a negative impact on my future citizenship application? Has anyone done it before?

Visiting Schengen countries with travel document

If you are a permanent resident (green card holder) then you do not need to file I- 131 to travel outside of the US. You are free to travel to and from the US as you please using your green card.

Comment

Travel Document

That's not true. You can't enter different county with only green card so you will need travel document (similar to passport). I'm also wondering if I need to apply for any visas. Anyone went to EU with travel document?

Comment

Originally posted by J.Doe View Post
        I'm a permanent resident of the USA with a green card obtained as a direct result of refugee status (refugee from Russia). I have a travel document issued by the USA (I-571). I am planning to travel to Europe for a month to visit my relatives there (they'll be flying from Russia) and visit around 8 European countries. The closest is approximately 600 miles away from Russia. I am going to get a Schengen visa for my Travel Document and not going to use my Russian passport.

Should I list all the countries I am planning to visit in my application for the Travel Document (I-131)? What are the chances that I won't be allowed back to the US?

Will it have a negative impact on my future citizenship application? Has anyone done it before?
        Because you became a Legal Permanent Resident as a result of your refugee status, you should be able to travel with a travel document.

Yes, I would read the instructions to make sure that you fill out the form correctly. You may have to list all the countries that you are visiting. Check the instructions.

You should not have issues with your citizenship application. You will have to provide travel itineraries for the N-400. So keep track of those.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X