Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spouse is Approved! (Sharing Process)

Hi everyone,

We are a same gender couple— below is the time frame for our process (filed in NYC):

Receipt of Notice for Applications I-131, I-130, I-765, I-485 : 10/11/17
    Biometrics: 11/6/17
    Received EAD/AP Combo Card: 1/9/18

Also, I’m in the military and have a super clean life record and did not need a co-sponsor For anything. My wife has a super clean record as well. I did not use my military status to expedite anything.. since I’m not deploying any time soon. Also, we did not need any sort of interview or additional paperwork request from immigration.

We only submitted the following:
    Our birth certificates
    Our passports
    My tax records and W2 form (2014-2016)
    A couple of photos of us
    8 passport photos of her
    I think that’s all.. (I may be missing one or 2 things I didn’t mention)
    We did not submit her medicals yet, but our lawyer said we can do that before the interview!

And NO! The online tracker does NOT update.. do not rely on it for an actual status!

I will post our greencard interview update as soon as I receive one!

We are extremely happy and ready to travel together soon!
    Last edited by Maester; 01-09-2018, 03:59 PM.

Yay!!

CONGRATS!!!!

I just got a notification today that they are producing my EAD card! Haven't received the card yet but I am SOOOO SOOOOOOO happy since I had booked non-refundable travel in February and I was seriously stressing about not getting approved in time. My AP case status hasn't been updated though, just the I-765. I hope they don't forget to issue my AP!!

Here's my timeline:

10/16/2017 - Notice of receipt
    11/11/2017 - Biometrics completed
    1/10/2018 - Card being produced

Total time so far - 87 days

Comment

Originally posted by mmilyy View Post
      CONGRATS!!!!

I just got a notification today that they are producing my EAD card! Haven't received the card yet but I am SOOOO SOOOOOOO happy since I had booked non-refundable travel in February and I was seriously stressing about not getting approved in time. My AP case status hasn't been updated though, just the I-765. I hope they don't forget to issue my AP!!

Here's my timeline:

Congrats! You’ll probably receive it in the next 4-5 days!! For sure 🙌🏽😁😁.. since our process time is close to similar

Comment

NICE!
        We just got ours today, Filed back in June but then had to enter the cosponsor stuff so our has taken like 10 months total or something. Maybe not that long 8 months?, but it feels like forever.
        The biggest thing I'm worried about now is travel with the EAD/AP card and getting back in since he came in on VWP/ESTA. So the "are you here illegally" part is murky.

Once the status updated we got the card within 3 days.

Comment

Originally posted by mmilyy View Post
          CONGRATS!!!!

Here's my timeline:

Congratulations to us! We have the same PD. Hopefully we will receive our cards soon. I just wonder why they haven’t approved the advanced parole though. Aren’t they suppose to approve the EAD and the AP at the same time?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X