Emergency travel with I-485 in process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emergency travel with I-485 in process

I have tried searching the threads but can't find an answer to my urgent question. My husband and I are still waiting for his I-485 to be approved and we found out today that he had a death in the family and needs to travel to his home country immediately. I know about applying for Advance Parole, but I also know that it takes some time to get approved. Is there another application or process for emergency travel due to a death in the family? Any help or information is greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by esausner View Post
    I have tried searching the threads but can't find an answer to my urgent question. My husband and I are still waiting for his I-485 to be approved and we found out today that he had a death in the family and needs to travel to his home country immediately. I know about applying for Advance Parole, but I also know that it takes some time to get approved. Is there another application or process for emergency travel due to a death in the family? Any help or information is greatly appreciated.
    He should have applied for Advance Parole along with his I-485; it's free and he doesn't need a reason to apply for it. He can apply now but it takes maybe 5 months to get after applying.

What he should do at this point is go in to the local USCIS office and apply for an Emergency Advance Parole since he has a very urgent issue (this page has information about expediting a regular AP application, as well as applying for Emergency AP, which are two different things), and if they grant it they usually give it on the same day and it is valid for 30 days.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X