Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chain immigration

Hi,

There’s been a lot of talk in the media that politicians are trying to cut out this so called “chain immigration”. I want to know, does that mean family based immigration? As in, naturalized citizens wouldn’t be able to sponsor their parents for example?

That is correct. Parents, siblings.

Spouses and children are okay though.

Comment

GC for parents

With recent news on bill to stop GC for parents, is it advisable to get them into the country and start the GC process right away? The bill may take some weeks to pass or may not pass at all ?
      Last edited by Antonise; 01-11-2018, 05:43 PM. Reason: links

Comment

First, I strongly doubt any bill reducing family-based immigration will pass.

Past proposals to eliminate categories have grandfathered in petitions filed before the change.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
          First, I strongly doubt any bill reducing family-based immigration will pass.

Past proposals to eliminate categories have grandfathered in petitions filed before the change.
          can't they apply the change/law retroactively? like it will render all pending applications null and void?

Comment

GC for parents

Once the parents are in the US one can file I-130 and 485 at the same time. Is there some stipulation and/or preference that I-130 should be filed only after x days of arrival in the US ? Is it advisable to file I-130 the next day of parent's arrival in US ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X