Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I 864 form - please help me with domicile and income issues :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I 864 form - please help me with domicile and income issues :)

Hello, everybody.

I need your help. I have already posted this question on another forum, if that is important to any of you, but I still haven't got any really useful answers ( perhaps I am just too impatient).

My husband is a LPR and we are currently in the second stage of the immigration process for me. I cannot wait to move and to finally start a life together , as we have been through a lot.
    I am preparing our I 864 form ( he will sign it, but I am more detail-oriented,meticulous and speak much better English), so I have some concerns and I was hoping some of you could help me.

1. PROOF OF DOMICILE. My husband lives on the Nantucket island,MA, which is known for seasonal work. He works from late April/beginning of May to late September/beginning of October. He usually spends his time off with me in our country of origin, so we can have some time together during this exhausting process ( and I needed him here because my father got very sick and eventually passed away, we are trying to get pregnant, etc.). As a proof of domicile, we will enclose his bank statement, his personal ID with the permanent US mailing address, his learner's driver's license ( hopefully he will get the real one this summer) and his tax receipts ( as he pays his taxes regularly and according to the law). He usually spends like 5 months per year all together with me. The US is his home now. Is this enough, in your opinion?

2. CURRENT HOUSEHOLD INCOME: my husband has earned above the 125% of poverty guidelines threshold in 2016. and 2017. ( not in 2015, as he had just arrived in the US and he needed some time to settle in ). Total income in his 1040 for 2016 is $ 27,500, he will have submitted his taxes for 2017 by the end of January, in a few weeks and we expect the income to be around $ 25,000. But,as he is a seasonal worker, he is currently unemployed ( not using any benefits or welfare whatsoever). He will be employed, though, as of April this year. Now, should we state that he is unemployed and put "0" on his current individual income ( part 6,line 2 ), but put the average expected amount in the "current household income" ( part 6, line 15), supporting that with the letters by his two employers? Should he also write a letter explaining this situation and attach it to the I 864?

I do not want to ask anybody to be a joint sponsor , as I believe it is too much of a burden and I don't want anybody to be afraid of me suing them later on or suffering any legal consequences whatsoever just because they have wanted to help me. We have no family in the US, my husband has friends he has made since he arrived and that is it. As for the assets, I do own real estates in my country, but I could hardly turn them into cash within 12 months, as required.

I am sorry if this post is too long. I hope some of you could help me, I would greatly appreciate it .
    Thank you in advance

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X