Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*UNIQUE SITUATION!* Which Green Card Option?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *UNIQUE SITUATION!* Which Green Card Option?

Hi all,

Firstly I just want to say that I know the advice on here isn't legal. General advice is very welcome and I thank anyone who provides some input!)

I have a bit of a unique situation, so bear with me. Here's some basic and most important information:

- Me: British citizen
    - Her: US Citizen
    - Us: Legal residents of Canada for the past 5/6 years (first on study permits - that's how we met - and now both on work permits). Currently living here.

We want to get married in her hometown in California. She will also likely be going to grad school in the US following our wedding (not immediately after, but perhaps some months after) and obviously, I want to be able to move with her. We would likely be returning to Canada after the wedding in California during the intermittent period.

What's the most logical, easy way to apply for a Green Card? Which route should we go down? I want to ensure that I can leave the US while a decision is made on my spousal green card application without applying for advanced parole (I know this is particularly an issue with applying for adjustment of status while IN the US - and 12 months is long time to not be able to travel back to the UK for emergencies etc. Most importantly, is just me being able to live with her and work while she goes to Grad School in the US. We don't want to be broken up.

Any input is welcome! Please be respectful and clear in your answers. If you need clarification, feel free to ask for it!

Thank you so much!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X