X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 10 months of a messy wait

Hi guys
    My story
    Me and my wife met a year after I gained a basketball scholarship a few years back. Any way, fast forward a few years of a long distance relationship and after I finished school and we later got married. Im from the UK, and wife is a US citizen.

Petition for the K1 after marriage was accepted/received on Feb 27th 2017 service center: MSC

BIO Metrics interview attended: April 13th

Applied for the EAD as part of the February petition, that came in May 15th

Then comes the gap. From May to the 14th September, nothing, then a letter shows up for an interview.

Interview was scheduled November 17th.

We attend on the 17th.

Still, the USCIS online status was stuck on BIO payment taken, March 15th.

Interview is done in 10 mins, he asks "How did we meet'' etc... we had 7 years of history and pictures, holidays, me there with her family for a few Christmas's, her with me in the UK, different cities over the years.

It was the easiest case he'd seen in while, I could tell.

He approves us on one condition, It turns out my medical examination from the embassy back home was missing from our file, the one you hand in at the airport when you arrive at customs. "He mentioned that its "such a shame" and that I must pay for another exam. I was thinking why didn't I get an RFE for this before the interview? I played with the idea for a about week, then booked an appointment. I had to wait a week an half to get in to the place where the price was the cheapest (kind of annoyed and frustrated) anyhow, it turns out I just needed shots because your medical is good for a year once applying for AOS. Shots Id already had and despite me having proof of this they made me take them again, the price? a cool $230.

I don't send it, I drive to Louisville on DEC 4th, (my interview office, Im in Lexington KY) and hand it to the woman at the counter who then rips the sealed envelope open(it was for this specific IO) there and then, I said "Its for the officer" she says "I am immigration" she tells me that I will probably get the GC in a month while typing my info into the computer. I wasn't happy and didn't trust her. So waited for the interviewing officer (who the lady said was busy) to come out of his room and I approached. He told me that he's just seen the envelope on his desk and if Ive gave him what he asked for then everything should be fine, thats it. No 'you have been approved' or 'I will now go ahead and approve you', just to wait.

I leave and wait almost 5 weeks, after which I've had enough, so on Tuesday the 9th at 11pm I make an INFOPASS for Thursday, 11th Jan.
    Up until now the status had been stuck on 'bio payment received' even after the interview, the day after I make the appointment online I get the first text I've ever had in the 10 months and it reads to check my online status. I go online and it says "Case approved" then 6 hours later it reads "Card mailed on the 9th" I do not believe that they approved me and then created the card and then mailed it all in one day. I believe that when i booked the INFOPASS it triggered something like maybe they were waiting for me to make an appointment? or they'd simply forgot about me.

Its currently the 11th of Jan and I wait. The card facility where they are produced and mailed from is in Corbin, Kentucky and thats 80miles from me.

The USCIS will screw with you. Ive had enough of them and I don't care to say it. In fact, I dislike them very much and would say that the USCIS are a totally unprofessional and unorganised group. Furthermore, the EAD is not always enough (as it wasn't for me) to be able to work in my chosen field. I was simply not allowed to obtain permits and licences related to my job because I was not a lawful resident.

Originally posted by tyrone View Post
    Hi guys
    My story
    Me and my wife met a year after I gained a basketball scholarship a few years back. Any way, fast forward a few years of a long distance relationship and after I finished school and we later got married. Im from the UK, and wife is a US citizen.

Petition for the K1 after marriage was accepted/received on Feb 27th 2017 service center: MSC

BIO Metrics interview attended: April 13th

Applied for the EAD as part of the February petition, that came in May 15th

Then comes the gap. From May to the 14th September, nothing, then a letter shows up for an interview.

Interview was scheduled November 17th.

We attend on the 17th.

Still, the USCIS online status was stuck on BIO payment taken, March 15th.

Interview is done in 10 mins, he asks "How did we meet'' etc... we had 7 years of history and pictures, holidays, me there with her family for a few Christmas's, her with me in the UK, different cities over the years.

It was the easiest case he'd seen in while, I could tell.

He approves us on one condition, It turns out my medical examination from the embassy back home was missing from our file, the one you hand in at the airport when you arrive at customs. "He mentioned that its "such a shame" and that I must pay for another exam. I was thinking why didn't I get an RFE for this before the interview? I played with the idea for a about week, then booked an appointment. I had to wait a week an half to get in to the place where the price was the cheapest (kind of annoyed and frustrated) anyhow, it turns out I just needed shots because your medical is good for a year once applying for AOS. Shots Id already had and despite me having proof of this they made me take them again, the price? a cool $230.

I don't send it, I drive to Louisville on DEC 4th, (my interview office, Im in Lexington KY) and hand it to the woman at the counter who then rips the sealed envelope open(it was for this specific IO) there and then, I said "Its for the officer" she says "I am immigration" she tells me that I will probably get the GC in a month while typing my info into the computer. I wasn't happy and didn't trust her. So waited for the interviewing officer (who the lady said was busy) to come out of his room and I approached. He told me that he's just seen the envelope on his desk and if Ive gave him what he asked for then everything should be fine, thats it. No 'you have been approved' or 'I will now go ahead and approve you', just to wait.

I leave and wait almost 5 weeks, after which I've had enough, so on Tuesday the 9th at 11pm I make an INFOPASS for Thursday, 11th Jan.
    Up until now the status had been stuck on 'bio payment received' even after the interview, the day after I make the appointment online I get the first text I've ever had in the 10 months and it reads to check my online status. I go online and it says "Case approved" then 6 hours later it reads "Card mailed on the 9th" I do not believe that they approved me and then created the card and then mailed it all in one day. I believe that when i booked the INFOPASS it triggered something like maybe they were waiting for me to make an appointment? or they'd simply forgot about me.

Its currently the 11th of Jan and I wait. The card facility where they are produced and mailed from is in Corbin, Kentucky and thats 80miles from me.

The USCIS will screw with you. Ive had enough of them and I don't care to say it. In fact, I dislike them very much and would say that the USCIS are a totally unprofessional and unorganised group. Furthermore, the EAD is not always enough (as it wasn't for me) to be able to work in my chosen field. I was simply not allowed to obtain permits and licences related to my job because I was not a lawful resident.

You're lucky you only paid 200$... They took 15 months to finally send us the interview letter and on top of it saying i need to do medical all over again because it expired. So we go to this f-ing civil doc and guess what they charged me 450$ plus gave me 3 shots (MMR, hep B and tet****) even tho i have medical record from EU stating i got all the vaccinations and that they're all up to date... i'm beyond angry. Then they also screen you for sifilis (in my country there's less than 5 pp with this and they're gay men and all of them foreigners/refugees) and gonorrhea (the same thing) plus check your either variccela or measels titer...and if it comes back low they'll give me another shot plus make me lighther for another 125$. I'm angry...now i feel sick, have fever, headache, nausea and would throw up if i didn't take zofran.

Since things seem to be going so slow and troublesome i worry what else they'll come up with...oh and they do the tb test... i just hope this nightmare is over and behind me soon before i go crazy or get sick and die.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeandoojune View Post
      You're lucky you only paid 200$... They took 15 months to finally send us the interview letter and on top of it saying i need to do medical all over again because it expired. So we go to this f-ing civil doc and guess what they charged me 450$ plus gave me 3 shots (MMR, hep B and tet****) even tho i have medical record from EU stating i got all the vaccinations and that they're all up to date... i'm beyond angry. Then they also screen you for sifilis (in my country there's less than 5 pp with this and they're gay men and all of them foreigners/refugees) and gonorrhea (the same thing) plus check your either variccela or measels titer...and if it comes back low they'll give me another shot plus make me lighther for another 125$. I'm angry...now i feel sick, have fever, headache, nausea and would throw up if i didn't take zofran.

Since things seem to be going so slow and troublesome i worry what else they'll come up with...oh and they do the tb test... i just hope this nightmare is over and behind me soon before i go crazy or get sick and die.
      Oh Gosh! Sounds like you applied to spend fun holidays at Auschwitz :O ...This is terrible. I would die. Jesus, hope you feel better though...But if your vaccinations is all up to date - THEY HAVE NO LEGAL RIGHT TO DO SHOTS TO YOU - it is very dangerous. What kind of people was you dealing with in Medical Center? Are they sick? Terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeandoojune View Post
        Then they also screen you for sifilis (in my country there's less than 5 pp with this and they're gay men and all of them foreigners/refugees) and gonorrhea (the same thing)
        Wow... amazing...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X