is it too early to apply for b1 3 months after returning fom J1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it too early to apply for b1 3 months after returning fom J1

Hello please i need advice before proceeding with my application.

I just returned from the U.S on a J1 visa for a 3 month research project. I am a graduate student of microbiology studying in Germany, but i am originally from nigeria
    I am planning to apply for B1 visa 3 months after leaving the U.S to attend a 5days conference of the American society of microbiology to give a presentation of my paper that was accepted for publication. Meanwhile while i was in the U.S i obtained SSN because my visa type made me eligible to obtain it and i departed 1 day before the time i was given. I did not have any criminal offence or any immigration law violation in my last visit.My ties in Germany are my education and i also just got a research assistant job in my school. These are my questions

1. Is too early to apply for another category of visa 3 months after my departure, although i have good reason for my next application?

2.Hope my SSN will not have any negative effect on my application?

3. What does the chance look like?

4. Does it make sense to use self sponsorship ? my last visit was sponsored by my aunt in the U.S

Originally posted by gaozu View Post
    1. Is too early to apply for another category of visa 3 months after my departure, although i have good reason for my next application?
    No, you are good to apply.
    2.Hope my SSN will not have any negative effect on my application?
    Not at all, infact its good.
    3. What does the chance look like?
    Very positive based on your status you shown here.
    4. Does it make sense to use self sponsorship ? my last visit was sponsored by my aunt in the U.S
    Self sponsor, if you can (show sufficient funds).
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X