Travel to US after E1 was rejected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel to US after E1 was rejected

I am ready to renew my E1 visa and there is a chance it might be rejected. In case I won't get the renewal, will I still be able to travel back to the US at least until my original visa expires (the renewal interview is about a month before the expiration) or on a regular tourist visa, just so I can pack and wrap things up? If not, how long does it usually take until I'm able to apply for a tourist or another kind of visa? I'm a German citizen, the renewal interview will be in Germany.

Hello there. Sorry to hear you are having troubles. Maybe you should tell me more to see if something can be done. You should apply for an ESTA before going to your interview that way the ESTA will be valid BEFORE you go and get potentially denied that way you can always come back to pack with your ESTA. It has worked for other cases I dealt with. If you get denied the embassy will refuse any other types of non immigrant visas even to come back packing. You could reapply for the same category as well which could lead to a reversal of opinion by another officer.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X