X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oath ceremony and waiting schedule

Hello everyone

I have 2 questions...

1) I had a green card cause of marriage for 2 years and I have applied for my second green card (for 10 years) last July (2017) So as I know I can apply for citizenship this year cause of being married for 3 years. So when is the best time to apply? One lawyer said "You can apply after the 2 years and 9 months of the first green card date" and the other one said "You have to wait for the new green card to apply" which one is correct?

2) After I apply for citizenship, including the oath ceremony till get my passport, how long it takes? So if I can apply this July, how much should I wait for the whole prosedure

Thank you
    N.

Originally posted by ForgottenWoods View Post
    Hello everyone

I have 2 questions...

1) I had a green card cause of marriage for 2 years and I have applied for my second green card (for 10 years) last July (2017) So as I know I can apply for citizenship this year cause of being married for 3 years. So when is the best time to apply? One lawyer said "You can apply after the 2 years and 9 months of the first green card date" and the other one said "You have to wait for the new green card to apply" which one is correct?

2) After I apply for citizenship, including the oath ceremony till get my passport, how long it takes? So if I can apply this July, how much should I wait for the whole prosedure

Thank you
    N.

I would recommend following the rules from the USCIS website. Not that lawyers don't know what they're talking about but when you have two differing answers I would suggest going to the original source for the most correct and up to date information. Best of Luck to you!

This is strictly an opinion and should not be misconstrued as legal advice. The use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

-Krypton9591

Comment

Originally posted by ForgottenWoods View Post
      Hello everyone

I have 2 questions...

Thank you
      N.
      You can apply for naturalization. In-fact that might expedite your green card renewal/removal of conditions.
      Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X