Changing Appointment Too Many Times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing Appointment Too Many Times

I am asking on behalf of my cousin. She is a (Permanent, a little over 5 years) resident in Australia. She is 31, single, employed full time, but not owning any property. She is not renting either as we have a relative who is not living in Australia owning a few properties there, so she lives rent free. She has her parent, step parent and a few cousins also residing in Australia so hopefully this can provide the ties in Australia. She has traveled to a few other countries (Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore). We plan to travel to USA in June 2018 for about three weeks. Me and an aunt and her family (husband and kids) will be departing from our home country (Indonesia) (Our visa has been approved, we applied in our home country) while she will be departing from Australia and meet us in the US so she doesn't need to take too many flights in order to reach USA (They have direct flights from the major cities in Australia so she only need to spend about 14 hours to fly there as opposed to a total of almost 30 hours if she flies to our home country first and then fly together with us to the US).

Initially, our plan to visit USA was for December 2017. So we applied for our Tourist Visa in September 2017 and were approved no problem. But other plans came up and now our trip to the USA is planned for June 2018. Our aunt and uncle will be paying everything for this trip.

The issue is, my cousin also initially scheduled a B2 visa appointment at the US Embassy in Australia in October 2017. She has paid the MRV and submitted the DS160 form because the initial plan was to travel to USA in December 2017, and then proceeded to change the appointment for the maximum of three times. So if she wants to apply for the visa now, she will need to pay again and obviously complete a new DS 160 (since travel plan has changed and the travel dates on the completed DS 160 has changed and passed). The reason she changed her appointment three times was because she selected the wrong date the first time. And then she had to travel overseas and couldn't make it for the next two appointment dates. She did not know that we could just cancel the appointment. She thought that everytime an appointment is cancelled, a new date must be selected immediately.

Do you think it's advisable for her to try the B2 Visa sometime in Feb 2018? Will the previous cancellations affect her application? Or should she wait a little longer before applying again? She is now doubting if she should apply since she heard that a visa rejection may impact any future visa applications. To complicate matters, turned out she has participated in the green card lottery "for fun" in late 2016. She may get Australian citizenship in the future which will allow her to apply for ESTA to visit USA. But if she has previous visa rejections, even if it was on another passport of different nationality, it will impact her ability to take advantage of the Visa Waiver in the future.

What do you think?

You can reschedule or cancel appointment as many times as you need. This will not have any impact on visa approval or denial.
    Please find more information on,
    FAQ for U.S. visa appointments - reschedule/cancel an appointment, family appointments, appointment availability, lost passport, and inability to attend

If she will get Australian Citizenship in the near future. I would suggest to apply for ESTA after that.
    This is not a legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X