Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I enroll to Navy with Conditional GC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I enroll to Navy with Conditional GC?

Hey everyone I have a question...
    Can I enroll to the Navy when I get my conditional GC or do I have to wait until I get it for 10 years? Just curious because I’m planning on enrolling to the military.

Yes, that's fine

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Diaz View Post
      Hey everyone I have a question...
      Can I enroll to the Navy when I get my conditional GC or do I have to wait until I get it for 10 years? Just curious because I’m planning on enrolling to the military.
      yes and once you graduate boot camp you can become a citizen

Comment

Originally posted by mustang85635 View Post
        yes and once you graduate boot camp you can become a citizen
        In peace time you have to have served atleast one year honorably for you to be eligible for naturalization. So not straight after bootcamp

Comment

Originally posted by ewilliams View Post
          In peace time you have to have served atleast one year honorably for you to be eligible for naturalization. So not straight after bootcamp
          Yes and no , its true for peacetime . But after 9/11 its been in time of war ever since and probably wont be change any time in the future. So currently if you enroll now you will naturalize in boot camp

Comment

Yes and no , its true for peacetime . But after 9/11 its been in time of war ever since and probably wont be change any time in the future. So currently if you enroll now you will naturalize in boot camp
            Ok so you’re saying that’s as of right now I can become a citizen as fast as after boot camp?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Diaz View Post
              Ok so you’re saying that’s as of right now I can become a citizen as fast as after boot camp?
              As long as Executive Order 13269 is not revoked by the time you complete BMT, you will be good to go. Coordinate with your recruiter and the JAG office at RTC Great Lakes

Comment

However, the Trump administration is severely delaying enlistment and naturalization for permanent residents in the military with "security screening".

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Ok, Thanks Everyone

Thank you everyone for your responses really appreciated it!

Comment

Im sorry but thats just not accurate. Youre right, we ae still in a "war" time, however I know several people enlisted and they could apply after 1 year.

Comment

Originally posted by ewilliams View Post
                      Im sorry but thats just not accurate. Youre right, we ae still in a "war" time, however I know several people enlisted and they could apply after 1 year.
                      I know someone too who signed up for air force and became citizen in bootcamp . That was about six month ago . I was at the ceremony
                      So because you know people means that thats the law . Just go on USCIS and read about it explains everything well. Whats true is that because of delay in security checks it can take up to a year . That has nothing to do with the fact that thats the policy every person is different maybe they come from high risk country or its just backlogged ... Many different things that come into play ...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X