Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221g While renewing F1 visa. No extra document required

Hi guys,

I recently applied to renew my F1 visa. I have a valid visa at this point. Some of my friends who tried to renew their F1 visa had no issues. However I was given a pink slip of 221g. The interviewer said they did not need any extra documents, not even my CV. My initial F1 visa did not require any 221g processing. I qualified for a dropbox submission. After a few days I was called and asked for a face to face interview. In the interview I was told that it is going to take 1-2 weeks for the administrative processing. Did any one face similar situations? How long does it take usually to get the passport back?

Thanks in advance.

Similar situation

Hey my case is very similar, was renewing F1 with a valid visa remaining for about 6 months. Was told they need to do further processing on my case but shouldn’t take more than a week to 10 days. It’s been more than a month but I have not heard back.

Comment

Need help in Renewal

Hi,

My First Student visa was expired in AUG 2017 issued from School 1.

Now, I changed my school before my visa got expired. I have an Active SEVIS from a different School (School 2).

1. Is there a way I can get my Student Visa Renewed while staying in US?
      2. What are the possibilities of approval for such renewals?
      3. Can I use the option of Passport Dropbox for renewal?

Help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Comment

Hello,

Any updates on your visa status?
        I appeared for the F1 visa interview and was told at the end that it will take about 5 business days (bcoz I had COS from H1 to F1) for the process.
        I did not get any pink slip, nor did I get an email to submit any more documents.
        It's been more than a week and I am waiting to get my passport.

Please let me know if your case was resolved and how long it took.

Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X