Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor visa travelling back and forth into the USA from Canada

Hello,
    My mother is on a 10 year multiple entry visitor visa (me and my sister's family stay here in the USA). Also, she has a Canada Visitor Visa (my another sister is a citizen of Canada). My mom is here in the USA since the last 5 months. Now she plans to visit my elder sister in Canada and stay there for 6 months. My younger sister in USA is currently pregnant and my mother wishes to come back to the USA to visit her and her new child after six months. Could she enter back into the US from CA after the 6 month period without actually stepping out of NorthAmerica or should she definitely exit out of North America? She very much need to be in the US in 6 months, so does she fulfill the law by stepping out of USA and would a new I-94 generate then or should she definitely visit India (home country) for a new I-94? What are the odds of entry into USA?

HI Naresh,

Did you get any solution to your query. I am in a similar sitation and need to know if someone with vistor visa to both USA and Canada - can travel between to and fro between the 2 countries after end of 6 months in one of the country.

Thanks,

Comment

Visitor visa travelling back and forth into the USA from Canada

Did you get any solution? I am in a similar situation as well.

Originally posted by NareshJ View Post
      Hello,
      My mother is on a 10 year multiple entry visitor visa (me and my sister's family stay here in the USA). Also, she has a Canada Visitor Visa (my another sister is a citizen of Canada). My mom is here in the USA since the last 5 months. Now she plans to visit my elder sister in Canada and stay there for 6 months. My younger sister in USA is currently pregnant and my mother wishes to come back to the USA to visit her and her new child after six months. Could she enter back into the US from CA after the 6 month period without actually stepping out of NorthAmerica or should she definitely exit out of North America? She very much need to be in the US in 6 months, so does she fulfill the law by stepping out of USA and would a new I-94 generate then or should she definitely visit India (home country) for a new I-94? What are the odds of entry into USA?

Comment

On B1/B2 visa, one can max stay for 6 months after that he/she has to stay outside USA for 6 months. Staying in Canada is fine.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X