Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 Visa having wrong primary applicant name

Hi Everybody,

Myself and my wife appeared for L1-B and L2 visa on 9-Jan-18. It was granted and we collected pasport on 12-Jan-16.
    We observed that L2 visa stamping has primary applicant name as: LASTNAME, FIRSTNAMEMIDDLENAME where as it should be LASTNAME, FIRSTNAME MIDDLENAME.
    A space is missing between my first name and middle name. I have sent an email to [email protected]. but did not get any reply yet.
    Will it go for again scheduling interview? Please advise

Any help or suggestion please

Comment

Originally posted by bikramkswain View Post
      Hi Everybody,

Myself and my wife appeared for L1-B and L2 visa on 9-Jan-18. It was granted and we collected pasport on 12-Jan-16.
      We observed that L2 visa stamping has primary applicant name as: LASTNAME, FIRSTNAMEMIDDLENAME where as it should be LASTNAME, FIRSTNAME MIDDLENAME.
      A space is missing between my first name and middle name. I have sent an email to [email protected]. but did not get any reply yet.
      Call local consulate. Better to have it corrected before travelling to USA

It solely depends on the officer at POE (& your luck), to let you use that visa or not - since this pretty trivial typing mistake.
      - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by bikramkswain View Post
        Hi Everybody,

I had the similar issue and I called on some number, you may find their number with google search and sent an email to the same email id. The response was to submit the Original passport, PA's I797 and a form that you will receive through email in response to your email. You don't need an appointment for this to visit their office. You can directly walk in.

For you it is only a space issue, my case was even bigger mistake from their side, printing an unknown PA's name.

Hope you attached the passport copy with Visa and DS160 in your email.

Comment

Even i have a similar issue. In my L2 visa, in primary applicant lastname, one alphabet is missing. What are the steps you took to rectify? Did they allow you with the typographic error?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X