I-765 processing time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-765 processing time

I'm filing I-765 concurrently with i-130 and i-485. Does the processing time for the i-765 dependent on the i130 and i485? Would i have to wait until they start processing those two before the i765 is processed? my understanding is that it takes 3 months for the i765 to be processed? is that 3 months from the time i filed or from the time the i130 is approved? currently waiting time are around a year for i130, should i be waiting a year and 3 months for the i765 or 3 months only.

Same question applies for the travel authorization form.

Hope this makes sense, thank you for your help.

Originally posted by jimbob View Post
    I'm filing I-765 concurrently with i-130 and i-485. Does the processing time for the i-765 dependent on the i130 and i485? Would i have to wait until they start processing those two before the i765 is processed? my understanding is that it takes 3 months for the i765 to be processed? is that 3 months from the time i filed or from the time the i130 is approved? currently waiting time are around a year for i130, should i be waiting a year and 3 months for the i765 or 3 months only.

Same question applies for the travel authorization form.

Hope this makes sense, thank you for your help.
    I just want to let you know that the 3 month time frame does not work for the USCIS anymore for i765 and advance parole, at least at the NBC. My case has been more than 150 days and still no updates whatsoever from them yet.

Comment

For AOS I-765 is processed at the NBC.

To see the current estimated processing times go to this webpage

View case status online using your receipt number, which can be found on notices that you may have received from USCIS. Also, sign up for Case Status Online to: . Receive automatic case status updates by email or text message, . View your case history and upcoming case activities, . Check the status of multiple cases and inquiries that you may have submitted to USCIS

Here are the dates as of today

I-765 Application for Employment Authorization Based on a pending I-485 adjustment application [(c)(9)] June 30, 2017
      I-765 Application for Employment Authorization All other applications for employment authorization May 17, 2017

Your application is not considered to be outside of normal processing time as long as it is after the published dates.

Comment

It’s about 3-4 months from the time you file your cases plus extra time if your application was incomplete and they request additional information from you. Several of us in the October and November threads have received them in less than three months, but there are many who filed in the months before us who are still waiting beyond 4 months. It seems totally random as all of the marriage based EADs are processed at the National Benefits Center.
        Adjustment of Status c(9) 400 days
        Married: 8/18/17
        Package Sent: 10/16/17 ~~ Received (PD): 10/19/17
        I-485 Status - "Biometrics Fee Received": 10/28/17
        Biometric Appointment (11/16/17) Received: 11/3/17 Done: 11/9/17
        EAD/AP Approved: 1/4/18 (Day 77) Notices & Card Received: 1/11/18
        EAD/AP Renewal Received: 10/4/18
        Interview Notice & EAD/AP Renewal Receipts Received: 10/9/18 (Day 355)
        Interview date: 11/13/18 ~ New Card Being Produced (Day 390)
        Card in hand! 11/23/18 (Day 400)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X