Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor Visa application after H1 / GC spouse VISA

Hello there!

I was working on H1 in US which was valid for couple of more years but I resigned and came back to India to start something of my own.

Totally unexpected, I got into a relationship with a long time friend who is settled there and has a GC.

Now my friend wants to be there for 3 more years, and I am okay to rearrange my plans and go there for next 3 years.

I was reading online and I see that there is no quick way to get a spouse/dependent VISA for a GC unlike H4 in case of H1.

So I am planning to go for B2 Visitor to travel and be with my partner for next 6 months at-least for starters.

2 Questions:
    1.) Any other way possible(apart from B2) so that I can travel and we can stay together without much wait
    2.) Does Visitor Visa makes sense, and will I get it easily, as I am not employed right now.

Arguably, this is not exactly tourism, and a tourist visa would be inappropriate for this purpose. Your best bet would be to secure a job in the United States and get a H-1B visa. Unlike H visas, B visas require you to overcome the presumption of immigrant intent, and you would have an uphill battle with that

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X