Do I have to enter the country that issued my Schengen visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I have to enter the country that issued my Schengen visa

I've got the schengen visa from Netherland, and when I was looking for flights to Netherlands I found that if I went to Belgium first and took a train from there it will be faster and cheaper, so I already booked the flight to Belgium.
    So can I enter belgium first? and if so is that will cause problems when I try to get the next schengen visa ? Thanks.

There are reports of travelers penalized when the trip didn't match the declared itinerary. E.g. Finland border guards find the hotel bill from Germany on return from Europe and then future visa applications to Finland consulate are denied (for visa abuse).

Comment

If your main or final Schengen country is the Netherlands then it is still correct

Originally posted by xyyz93 View Post
      I've got the schengen visa from Netherland, and when I was looking for flights to Netherlands I found that if I went to Belgium first and took a train from there it will be faster and cheaper, so I already booked the flight to Belgium.
      So can I enter belgium first? and if so is that will cause problems when I try to get the next schengen visa ? Thanks.
      If your main or final Schengen country is the Netherlands then it is still correct that you got the visa from the Dutch and not the Belgians.

Hope you enjoyed your trip

Comment

Originally posted by daguerrotype View Post
        If your main or final Schengen country is the Netherlands then it is still correct that you got the visa from the Dutch and not the Belgians.

Hope you enjoyed your trip
        Good question ... we will have someone coming from outside EU with a visiting visa for Germany (schengen) entering the EU in spain. No tickets and plans for him to go to Germany after that. Will that work? Schengen is Schengen, right?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X