TN Visa to GC through employer sponsorship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TN Visa to GC through employer sponsorship

Does anyone has experience converting TN status to GC through employer sponsorship? If yes, how long it takes and what is the impact of country of birth?

All EB categories are current for both Canadians & Mexicans, except for EB-4 for Mexicans

Comment

Originally posted by inadmissible View Post
      All EB categories are current for both Canadians & Mexicans, except for EB-4 for Mexicans
      All i want to know is if there's any difference of handling a case for some Canadian born and born outside?

Comment

While there are exceptions, you are generally chargeable to your country of birth, regardless of your citizenship

Comment

That is correct, also the timeline depends on your category you applied for e.g. EB1, 2, 3 etc
          Hope this helps.
          From approved I-140, it takes about 6 months for CP, and longer for Adjustment of status!

Originally posted by inadmissible View Post
          While there are exceptions, you are generally chargeable to your country of birth, regardless of your citizenship

Comment

Is TN visa even eligible to file for GC. As per my understanding TN1s cannot opt for immigrant status.

Comment

TN is eligible for immigrant visa aka GC as long as it?s planned very welll within the time of your visa expiration.
              You don?t want to start the process when you know TN will be renew soon as this takes about a year to complete depending on your country of birth!
              Also, you don?t want to come in and start green card processing right away and it could show a red flag, I would say start at least after 9months to 12 months when you are on the TN status!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X