No announcement yet.

OPT Approved, EAD was sent back because of address update. 90 days time frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPT Approved, EAD was sent back because of address update. 90 days time frame

Hello,
    I applied I765 on August 25,2017. USCIS approved my application and sent the EAD card on Nov 4th, 2017. I moved to a new address meanwhile and I updated the address in the USCIS system and I also sent the AR11 form to them. The EAD card was not delivered/forwarded to the new address but it was sent back to the card distribution center in Lees Summit, MO. I have been trying to contact USCIS through customer care and I also visited the field office several times requesting them to resend the EAD card. I was not being helped at all. They keep raising service requests or keep sending emails to the distribution center. My OPT start date is on Nov 1st and it ends on Feb 1st without the employment. I have a job already which I was supposed to join on Jan 2nd. My employer couldn't accept me without the EAD card and they are waiting too. I am not sure what visa status I would be in after Feb 1st. My college advisor is also not of much help. I couldn't expedite resending the EAD card to me. Please suggest me some means to expedite USCIS to resend the card. Please help me understand on what visa status I'd be in after my 90 days unemployment time frame.

Originally posted by sdravi15 View Post
    Hello,
    I applied I765 on August 25,2017. USCIS approved my application and sent the EAD card on Nov 4th, 2017. I moved to a new address meanwhile and I updated the address in the USCIS system and I also sent the AR11 form to them. The EAD card was not delivered/forwarded to the new address but it was sent back to the card distribution center in Lees Summit, MO. I have been trying to contact USCIS through customer care and I also visited the field office several times requesting them to resend the EAD card. I was not being helped at all. They keep raising service requests or keep sending emails to the distribution center. My OPT start date is on Nov 1st and it ends on Feb 1st without the employment. I have a job already which I was supposed to join on Jan 2nd. My employer couldn't accept me without the EAD card and they are waiting too. I am not sure what visa status I would be in after Feb 1st. My college advisor is also not of much help. I couldn't expedite resending the EAD card to me. Please suggest me some means to expedite USCIS to resend the card. Please help me understand on what visa status I'd be in after my 90 days unemployment time frame.

Do you have a time frame on when the card was sent out by USCIS and then the card returned updated on the case status page? I am in a similar state where my card was sent back to USCIS and I am waiting for the update on the portal.

Comment

Originally posted by sdravi15 View Post
      Hello,

Facing the same scenario. Worried about my F-1 status. Di you guys get your card? what about the status? Please let me know

Comment

Originally posted by naveenjohn94 View Post
        Do you have a time frame on when the card was sent out by USCIS and then the card returned updated on the case status page? I am in a similar state where my card was sent back to USCIS and I am waiting for the update on the portal.
        any update?

Comment

I thought I would update you with my experience:

USPS returned my card to USCIS as they marked it undeliverable.
          - Apparently, this can be for a number of reasons but likely because my mailbox was full and did not have my name on it. I had received all previous correspondence from USCIS with no issue with mail.

I called USCIS and they said they can't submit an e-request (an e-request is what you need for them to send the EAD card back to you) until they officially have the card back at USCIS.

It took about 3-4 days for USPS to return the card (once the failed delivery), then another 2 or 3 days for USCIS to process the card through their returns system. Once an e-request was submitted it took about 2 days for the card to be sent back to me and in my hand. I also got a new tracking number.

Advice if your card is sent back to USCIS;

- Call USCIS when your card arrives at the USCIS facility (they may say its too early to process an e-request but I just called every day until I could submit the e-request through the agent).

- Submit an e-request ONLY via phone with an agent. DO NOT do an e-request online. Apparently this takes longer.

- They say the e-request can take 30 days to process but my e-request was processed likely within 1 day and I had my card back within 2 days of my e-request.

- I ended up staying home all day the day my EAD card was delivered as USPS couldn't tell me why my card was sent back. However, I also cleared out my mailbox and had clearly put my name on the mailbox just in case.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X