Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCI in lieu of PIO

HI,
    My daughter who is 10 years old now and living in India, was born in the United States and holds a valid US Passport. She also has a PIO card which has a validity till April 2022.

Does she necessarily have to apply for an OCI? I also read that effective Sep 30 2014, Indian Government announced that all PIO cards are valid for life. Does this mean my daughter's PIO card does not need to be renewed when the validity expires in April 2022.

Help pls!!!

Originally posted by Manju Pravin View Post
    HI,
    My daughter who is 10 years old now and living in India, was born in the United States and holds a valid US Passport. She also has a PIO card which has a validity till April 2022.

Does she necessarily have to apply for an OCI? I also read that effective Sep 30 2014, Indian Government announced that all PIO cards are valid for life. Does this mean my daughter's PIO card does not need to be renewed when the validity expires in April 2022.
    Can somebody pls help me with this query.......

Comment

Yes. You'll need to try and get a replacement.

Originally posted by Manju Pravin View Post
      Can somebody pls help me with this query.......
      The PIO cards will not be accepted for travel to India by International airports as of about Oct. of this year. As I understand there is a new international regulation that all visa's must be digital and the PIO cards are hand written so regardless of their expiration date or what India does the international community will no longer accept them for travel to India.
      Last edited by DavidStrickland0; 02-01-2018, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Get a OCI card if she will return after Aug 2018

This is posted on CKGS website

AFTER September 30, 2018, PIO card will be considered as an invalid travel document. Therefore, all applicants, who have not yet converted their PIO cards to OCI card, are requested to apply for OCI in lieu of PIO before September 30, 2018.

Foreign nationals can travel with valid travel document i.e. Passport and PIO Card if the date of their journey commenced ON or BEFORE September 30, 2018.

You family/spouse can apply for an OCI in lieu of PIO at the local Indian mission - DEL, BOM, CAL, CHE, HYD, etc.

Comment

PIO Latest

Hi please can someone share their experience if you recently travelled to India on the basis of PIO card in 2018. my family and I are going to India end of this month with PIO, we haven't converted that to OCI. can we travel? what other options do I have, we have only 4 days left and I am unable to apply eVIsa. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by vinodh_kumar View Post
            Hi please can someone share their experience if you recently travelled to India on the basis of PIO card in 2018. my family and I are going to India end of this month with PIO, we haven't converted that to OCI. can we travel? what other options do I have, we have only 4 days left and I am unable to apply eVIsa. thanks
            Hi, What was your experience with PIO at the airport?
            Thanks!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X