Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrb1218 View Post
    OKAY. GOOD NEWS

I think they have finally processed on August filers if you are AOS and C9 EAD category. After 180 days and i dont even know how many calls, I finally received a Request for Initial Evidence letter on my AOS application. This for sure has impacted on the EAD. I had requested to expedite my case before I received the RFE letter. Today, I received a letter from them regarding the expedition on the EAD. The letter states that due to the problem with my AOS application, the EAD has been put on hold and will only resume once they verify the evidence.
    The RFE requested my birth certificate copies both original and translation. I am sure I inlcuded those in the whole package when I submitted it. The problem is probably that my english translated copy does not have the proper sealed/certified mark on it.

If you still have not heard anything, I would recommend you calling to ask about your AOS status, which I did. There might be a chance that your AOS lacks of something. This is of course cannot be for all cases, but at least that was for me.

I will keep you all updated once i hear anything new from them.
    thank you for the sharing, what is AOS??

Comment

Originally posted by mrb1218 View Post
      OKAY. GOOD NEWS

I think they have finally processed on August filers if you are AOS and C9 EAD category. After 180 days and i dont even know how many calls, I finally received a Request for Initial Evidence letter on my AOS application. This for sure has impacted on the EAD. I had requested to expedite my case before I received the RFE letter. Today, I received a letter from them regarding the expedition on the EAD. The letter states that due to the problem with my AOS application, the EAD has been put on hold and will only resume once they verify the evidence.
      The RFE requested my birth certificate copies both original and translation. I am sure I inlcuded those in the whole package when I submitted it. The problem is probably that my english translated copy does not have the proper sealed/certified mark on it.

If you still have not heard anything, I would recommend you calling to ask about your AOS status, which I did. There might be a chance that your AOS lacks of something. This is of course cannot be for all cases, but at least that was for me.

I will keep you all updated once i hear anything new from them.
      Not to be a downer but I received an update 33 days ago saying "DOB was updated". I jumped for joy thinking this meant they were actively processing my case (Receipt notice is 8/18/17). I have heard nothing since, so I am no longer thinking that is the case....has anyone else heard anything?? Over 180 days for me now..SR placed 3 weeks ago with no answer.

Comment

Originally posted by gcci View Post
        AOS stands for Adjustment of Status

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by truebluetorwb View Post
        Not to be a downer but I received an update 33 days ago saying "DOB was updated". I jumped for joy thinking this meant they were actively processing my case (Receipt notice is 8/18/17). I have heard nothing since, so I am no longer thinking that is the case....has anyone else heard anything?? Over 180 days for me now..SR placed 3 weeks ago with no answer.
        You've got to be kidding me. DANG!

Comment

[QUOTE=mrb1218;555500]AOS stands for Adjustment of Status

- - - Updated - - -

thank you!! Hope we all can hear the good news soon!!
          this process is really frustrated
          mine was over 180 days..
          and I heard some Sep or even Nov filers got their card or even interview notice already, why

Comment

I just assume that either there were really a lot of cases filled in August that?s why it?s so slow or those of us who are currently waiting for EAD did not make biometrics in time or got RFE,

Comment

Originally posted by gcci View Post
              Adjustment of Status

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by hanna.mazah View Post
              I just assume that either there were really a lot of cases filled in August that?s why it?s so slow or those of us who are currently waiting for EAD did not make biometrics in time or got RFE,
              I don't think so because I did bio in Sept. as it was scheduled and never got an RFE, still waiting. They're just slow, most likely

Comment

Guys I just got notification that EADcard was produced (170 days). It means they are working on August fillers now. I believe you will get yours this week or next. To be honest I really thought it?s never gonna happen. Just hold on for a little bit more and have faith.

Comment

Guys I just got notification that EADcard was produced (170 days). It means they are working on August fillers now. I believe you will get yours this week or next. To be honest I really thought it?s never gonna happen. Just hold on for a little bit more and have faith.
                  Congrats!!! Mine is still "
                  As of February 2, 2018, your inquiry about the status of your Employment Authorization application, referral number YYYY X, is on hold while we request your case file."
                  Hope I can get good news SOON!

Comment

Congrats dear!

I'm really happy for you, I hope we'll get
                    the same news soon. I feel like I'm losing
                    my mind checking the app every hour.
                    Good luck for your job search !
                    I'm under the impression that you are an inmate and you just got bailed out! The rest of us still have to do time for the crime of filing in August!
                    Haha..All the best!

Comment

Thanks guys, you re really sweet. It is gonna be soon for you hopefully. At least since 180 days for I-485 we will be able to submit online inquiry which I believe would affect the process. I would already go nuts without this forum and husbands support.

Comment

Congrats!!!!! If it is okay to ask, when did you do your biometrics and when was your original receipt date?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by sam7 View Post
                        I'm really happy for you, I hope we'll get
                        the same news soon. I feel like I'm losing
                        my mind checking the app every hour.
                        Good luck for your job search !
                        I'm under the impression that you are an inmate and you just got bailed out! The rest of us still have to do time for the crime of filing in August!
                        Haha..All the best!
                        Me too lol. I've been checking so often and this forum is what kept me sane most of the time. My husband only tells me everything will be fine because we've been married for four years, which really didn't soothe me at all lololol.

Comment

And now the date on USCIS website is October 1. Going crazy

Comment

xiaochen,
                            Original date was 09/26, I did them 12/14. We also responded to RFE 10/31. However since January, I did submit 2 SR on the website, I made regular calls to NBC, I contacted congressman but in all cases they basically told me just to wait and there were no results. I am not sure but maybe somehow my persistence and badgering made it works for me.

Comment

xiaochen,
                              Original date was 09/26, I did them 12/14. We also responded to RFE 10/31. However since January, I did submit 2 SR on the website, I made regular calls to NBC, I contacted congressman but in all cases they basically told me just to wait and there were no results. I am not sure but maybe somehow my persistence and badgering made it works for me.
                              I did mine in september and second SR still haven't been responded to. Maybe I should force my attorney to callthem

Comment

I wonder what all of you have done in the time of waiting for this LOL. It's driving me crazy haha. More than 6 months already

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X