did they SKIP AUG Filers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• did they SKIP AUG Filers?

So I just pulled up NBC center processing time and for C9 EAD category, they are now processing September 1st applications. What the heck happened to AUG filers? Mine pd was in Aug 7th, and still no updates other than "Case was received"

wth?

I am confused as hell

hi there,
    170 days and counting here. you're not alone

Comment

Originally posted by mrb1218 View Post
      So I just pulled up NBC center processing time and for C9 EAD category, they are now processing September 1st applications. What the heck happened to AUG filers? Mine pd was in Aug 7th, and still no updates other than "Case was received"

wth?

I am confused as hell
      Dude I feel the same. Been waiting since Aug 14th.

Comment

Another day and still nothing. August filers are being neglected over October applicants. It really feels unjust but then again each case is different.
        Good luck everyone!I cannot wait for this to end, I drive my husband crazy!God bless his heart!
        162 days !

Comment

174 days

I just got off the phone with an L2 officer. I brought this concern up asking what happened to AUG filers. She said that on her system, the processing time for C9 is now AUG 1st not SEP 1st. I asked what the average time frame for C9 ead/combo. She said roughly 180 days now haha. She was really nice though, but I don't think I got anything done today. Keep waiting. I don't even know what hope is anymore.

Comment

I just got off the phone with an L2 officer. I brought this concern up asking what happened to AUG filers. She said that on her system, the processing time for C9 is now AUG 1st not SEP 1st. I asked what the average time frame for C9 ead/combo. She said roughly 180 days now haha. She was really nice though, but I don't think I got anything done today. Keep waiting. I don't even know what hope is anymore.
            We are 170 days now. Beyond impatient, upset and stressed out. I don't know how they can expect all of us to not work for this long...hopefully by 180 days we all hear something...at least we aren't alone. I get so frustrated seeing Sept/Oct/Nov filers who have their EAD!!

Comment

This is crazy.

I have the same situation.
              It has been 170 days today. Still nothing.
              I have filled august 17.
              I have called many times and raised SR 3 times.No respond at all.
              Contacted congressman but I don't really know if it will help at all.
              They keep saying it should be sent in 180 days and it looks like it will take longer.
              Trying my best to be positive but not working really.

Comment

Same here

My husband is asking my lawyer. I think he does need to call and talk to an actual person. Mine has been 170+ as well. I did receive a SR response in December says case still being processed but YES I saw they skipped aug on the website too, hopefully they'll fix that... This is driving me nuts because I only have one semester left on my I-20.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by gorky View Post
                I have the same situation.
                It has been 170 days today. Still nothing.
                I have filled august 17.
                I have called many times and raised SR 3 times.No respond at all.
                Contacted congressman but I don't really know if it will help at all.
                They keep saying it should be sent in 180 days and it looks like it will take longer.
                Trying my best to be positive but not working really.
                Same here, but I think something is wrong if they didn't even respond to your SR? Mine was filed by an attorney, I don't know if that makes any difference. This is the first time I heard about the 180 as my attorney says usually EAD only takes 90 days. I filed w/ I485 and haven't heard anything on interview either. Crazy.

Comment

Let's keep this post going

SO

I am trying to do everything I can everyday in the hope of my case can go through quick. I will keep you all updated once anything new.

TODAY updates:

Got an email back from USCIS through my congresswoman saying USCIS did not make any progress last month. They are still now processing AUG 1st applications, all AUG filers should expect to get their case decision within approximately 1 month (i don't think so).

Since it's been 180 days for me, I thought maybe they would just skip the EAD and work directly on the green card.

Called the L2 officer and asked if there would be any case that GC is processed and mailed before the EAD combo card. Answer: NEVER. Also, he said GC processing time now is AUG 1st but that doesn't really mean anything. So don't have high expectation on anything. At the end, he mentioned that my I765 has been put on HOLD. I should receive a letter from them in the next 2 weeks or so, once I reply, they will resume the process. HELL YEAH!! more wait!! hahaha

and that was it for today boys haha

Comment

God knows when

Originally posted by xiaochen View Post
                    My husband is asking my lawyer. I think he does need to call and talk to an actual person. Mine has been 170+ as well. I did receive a SR response in December says case still being processed but YES I saw they skipped aug on the website too, hopefully they'll fix that... This is driving me nuts because I only have one semester left on my I-20.

- - - Updated - - -

Same here, but I think something is wrong if they didn't even respond to your SR? Mine was filed by an attorney, I don't know if that makes any difference. This is the first time I heard about the 180 as my attorney says usually EAD only takes 90 days. I filed w/ I485 and haven't heard anything on interview either. Crazy.
                    I mean
                    if there is something wrong, or they need more prove, they could have just send a paper and say what they need
                    but no, this is crazy
                    Hopefully things will get better soon

Comment

SO

I am trying to do everything I can everyday in the hope of my case can go through quick. I will keep you all updated once anything new.

TODAY updates:

Got an email back from USCIS through my congresswoman saying USCIS did not make any progress last month. They are still now processing AUG 1st applications, all AUG filers should expect to get their case decision within approximately 1 month (i don't think so).

Since it's been 180 days for me, I thought maybe they would just skip the EAD and work directly on the green card.

Called the L2 officer and asked if there would be any case that GC is processed and mailed before the EAD combo card. Answer: NEVER. Also, he said GC processing time now is AUG 1st but that doesn't really mean anything. So don't have high expectation on anything. At the end, he mentioned that my I765 has been put on HOLD. I should receive a letter from them in the next 2 weeks or so, once I reply, they will resume the process. HELL YEAH!! more wait!! hahaha

UGH this is beyond ridiculous. I just spoke to customer service and they told me that even though it says they're working on Sept1 applications that doesn't mean they've "closed out" all the August applications...so infuriating. We have now reached 2 times the normal processing time (180 days instead of 90....). I am praying we hear something within a week or two. My husband is going stir crazy.

Comment

No no no, that's not what I'm talking about. I'm saying there's a possible they didn't even SEE your SRs at all. And they definitely haven't touched your cases yet. This is crazy, definitely. I called my attorney today, he said it was far behind so he filed another SR. I feel like SRs filed from legal reps gets answered faster or something, so maybe you should contact the congress person in your state?

Originally posted by gorky View Post
                        I mean
                        if there is something wrong, or they need more prove, they could have just send a paper and say what they need
                        but no, this is crazy
                        Hopefully things will get better soon
                        - - - Updated - - -

Hang in there!! But I mean, "didn't make any progress last month"? Seriously this is RIDICULOUS! I only have one more semester till graduate, hopefully I'd even be getting my GC by then lol. Seriously.

SO

TODAY updates:

Comment

Follow up

wth?

I am confused as hell
                          Does anyone have further update can share?
                          I got my biometric on 08/21/2017
                          And I made service request twice already
                          I went to immigration office last Tuesday to get info pass and the office told me currently it take 6-10 months to process..and I checked my case status online last Friday it showed my case was on hold while they request my case file.
                          And there still no further update after that
                          Just curious how?s every August Filer going..

Comment

The same here! HIGH FIVES, guys. I sent case in the end of August, terribly frustrated and depressed. Congressman said nothing but waiting or you should have emergency for expedite a case - bills and debts that you literally can not buy food, clothes etc, which kinda awkward. How the hell you can prove it? I am sitting at home for 6 months, can not get a job and drivers license. So it?s not enough for them.
                            Btw, maybe somebody knows, I made my biometrics in December instead of September (place where we live lost our letter!), so is this fact gonna influence processing time? Like add 3 more months to my waiting time? Thanks
                            Last edited by hanna.mazah; 02-08-2018, 11:44 PM.

Comment

UPDATES: Feb 6, 2018

OKAY. GOOD NEWS

I think they have finally processed on August filers if you are AOS and C9 EAD category. After 180 days and i dont even know how many calls, I finally received a Request for Initial Evidence letter on my AOS application. This for sure has impacted on the EAD. I had requested to expedite my case before I received the RFE letter. Today, I received a letter from them regarding the expedition on the EAD. The letter states that due to the problem with my AOS application, the EAD has been put on hold and will only resume once they verify the evidence.
                              The RFE requested my birth certificate copies both original and translation. I am sure I inlcuded those in the whole package when I submitted it. The problem is probably that my english translated copy does not have the proper sealed/certified mark on it.

If you still have not heard anything, I would recommend you calling to ask about your AOS status, which I did. There might be a chance that your AOS lacks of something. This is of course cannot be for all cases, but at least that was for me.

I will keep you all updated once i hear anything new from them.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X