esta, border control, denied entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• esta, border control, denied entry

I am a student and I would like to spend my summer holiday (3 months) in the USA with my friends, in Wisconsin, as a tourist. Last year I was at the same location with a J1 visa. I am going to apply for an ESTA this year.

Might the fact that I will stay the maximum 90-day period be a problem for the immigration officer taking in consideration that I will have just about 1000$ cash at arrival? My parents will send me money every week or two weeks, so I won't be able to prove that I have sufficient funds for my whole stay.. I mean he might think that I intend to work illegally..

Another option would be to tell the border agent that I will stay less (just 1 or 2 weeks for example) and buy a flexible return flight ticket and then change its date after i arrived in Wisconsin. Can he/she shorten the 90 day ESTA period and allow me for just 1 or 2 weeks in if I lie?

I need to get in guys, what should I do? Thank you for your help!

Originally posted by fflmac View Post
    I am a student and I would like to spend my summer holiday (3 months) in the USA with my friends, in Wisconsin, as a tourist. Last year I was at the same location with a J1 visa. I am going to apply for an ESTA this year.

Might the fact that I will stay the maximum 90-day period be a problem for the immigration officer taking in consideration that I will have just about 1000$ cash at arrival? My parents will send me money every week or two weeks, so I won't be able to prove that I have sufficient funds for my whole stay.. I mean he might think that I intend to work illegally..

Another option would be to tell the border agent that I will stay less (just 1 or 2 weeks for example) and buy a flexible return flight ticket and then change its date after i arrived in Wisconsin. Can he/she shorten the 90 day ESTA period and allow me for just 1 or 2 weeks in if I lie?

I need to get in guys, what should I do? Thank you for your help!
    As long as you can show the officer your RETURN ticket, you should be fine. Just answer truthfully if someone asks you what you are doing in the US (i.e. visiting).
    Filed I-130, I130A, I-485, I-765 & I-864
    Date Mailed: 01/25/2018
    Date Received: 01/30/2018
    Date Received NOA Letters: 02/06/2018
    Received Biometrics Letter: 02/17/2018
    Biometrics Done: 02/26/2018
    RFIE (I485): 02/23/2018
    RFIE in mailbox: 3/3/2018
    RFIE received by USCIS: 3/8/2018
    USCIS update - EAD being produced and sent to me: 5/25
    EAD sent me to: 5/31
    I-485 "ready to schedule interview: 6/1