Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Geetesh Iyer View Post
    Hello folks,
    Given the incredible confusion and delays caused by the COS process, we decided to go to India for Consular process and got the F1 Visa approved. We spoke to two lawyers, both of whom suggested it was 50:50 but still contended that given the uncertainty, it might be worth the try. I also read about a few cases who had gone back and got their F1.

I know this is a hard decision, but we were more interested in having clarity rather than hanging in here. I guess it would boil down to one's appetite. Either ways, I hear that people have started getting decisions on May 2017 cases. I hope people find these helpful data points.

Thanks a lot and Good Luck!

If you don't mind, could we get in touch with your lawyer. Because I have a very tricky case too and quite confused on what would be the better thing to do right now.

Comment

Has anybody heard back from the uscis? They started processing for June17 now.

Comment

Hey guys, I filed my I-539 in MARCH 2017 and still haven't heard back a thing. I left the US two months ago and have obtained a new F1 visa from my home country.

Just trying to give you an idea how far behind the USCIS is with the cos cases and how inaccurate their online system is.

Comment

F1 to H4, green card already applied through my husband

Hi everyone,

I am trying to change my visa status from H4 to F1. We have applied for GC through my husband's company. Shall I still apply for change of status because I heard that they will deny the application since we have applied for GC already. It is going to take several years (10 yrs) from now to get GC. Any suggestions or advice please - thanks in advance.

A

Comment

Change of Status from H4 to F1 USCIS decision pending

Hi Everyone,

I am on h4 visa valid till 2020. I applied for change of status (H4 to F1) on 27th June and decision is pending from USCIS. My school will start in a week on 27th August. I talked to my DSO and got new I -20 for next semester date (Jan 2019). My confusion is do I need to send this new I-20 to the USCIS by mail?
            My DSO said it is not mandatory but he is not very sure.

Have any of you faced the same situation? Did you sent the new I-20 to USCIS?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
            ksm

Comment

H4 to F1 status change

Hi,

I am in similar situation. I applied for H4 to F1 status change in July 2018. According to USCIS site processing time was max 4.5 months. But now it is updated to max 10 months.
              Could you please tell me when did you get your approval? It will help me to estimate.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Thanks,
              Ksm

Originally posted by smrslm21 View Post
              Hello bskat,

Have you received your F1 yet? Please let me know ASAP.

I have applied for COS from H4 to F1. The received date was October 30th 2017 at CSC. My H4 visa is expiring in April 2018. It has been over 4 months since I applied for F1 change of status. I am doing second semester of my Masters.

Please let me know if you received your F1 so that I can calculate with that timeline for my F1.

Thank you

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X