X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Usdos

Originally posted by lanceci View Post
    Hi
    in the govt site for place of issue of my USA psport, since the place is not mentioned..the site says to write USA "USDOS" I am confused and would lik to know, do i have to only wriete USDOS or USA "USDOS"

2-Peranent add is ofoucrs Usa address...but for Native add...do i have to write my parents addres in india?

thks for ur suggestio and adivse
    Yes, enter USDOS for US passport place of issue. It is specifically mentioned in the instructions.

Parmanant address is US address. If you had to to enter parent's address, use their India address. I entered that in the native place address.

Comment

Hi
      in the govt site for place of issue of my USA psport, since the place is not mentioned..the site says to write USA "USDOS" I am confused and would lik to know, do i have to only wriete USDOS or USA "USDOS"

2-Peranent add is ofoucrs Usa address...but for Native add...do i have to write my parents addres in india?

thks for ur suggestio and adivse
      1. USDOS
      2. Native Addr - It is optional field ( just leave it blank )

Comment

usa psprt copies

Originally posted by Liberty48 View Post
        Just to make it easy for new OCI applicants, I have gathered the list of documents you need (based on my experience). Please gather all
        PDF and JPG documents before you start your application on the CKGS website. Use a low quality/setting scanner. This helps to keep the
        file size smaller. Latest high quality scanner make the files size bigger and it will fail when you upload them. You can change the setting to
        330x300 DPI. It takes 4 to 5 hours to get all the forms filled and uploaded to CKGS and passport.gov.in website. After that print all the
        documents and get the notary. You can save all of them in an USB drive and print at FedEX for less than $10 ($0.13 per page +tax).
        I strongly suggest using FedEx service provided by CKGS. It saves time and your day off to go CKGS.

When you fill the application, you will see different numbers, temporary numbers, web number, file number etc. Copy and save all those
        numbers in a separate file for future reference. This will be useful if you have to exit and come back later.

In case you have a doubt, call CKGS and get help. It is worth waiting and getting the answer. If confused, call again and clarify. If anybody
        has additional information, please add them. Again, this is based on my experience. There may some difference in your situation.

For US naturalized adult:

2 passport size photos

Scanned PDF copies of the following:

INDIAN ORIGIN PROOF **> Cancelled Indian Passport. First three and last two pages.
        CURRENT PASSPORT **> US Passport. Include information page with photo, next 2 pages and 4 pages at the end that says "Endorsements".
        MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE **> Marriage Certificate (if married)
        SPOUSE OCI CARD **> If spouse has one, or if applying based on spouse's Indian origin

Scanned signature of applicant in JPG format
        Scanned photo of applicant in JPG format

Printed copies of the following:

Proof of Marital Status **> Marriage Certificate
        Proof of Indian Origin of Applicant **> Cancelled Indian Passport first 4 pages and last 4 pages
        Naturalization Certificate (if Naturalized Citizen) **> US Naturalization Certificate
        Proof of Renunciation of Indian Citizenship **> Renunciation Certificate
        Proof of Address **> Copy of driving license ID card

Include copies of the uploaded PDF documents, even though they are not listed in the document checklist. Order it in the same order listed in the checklist.

For child based on parent's origin:

2 passport size photos

Scanned PDF copies of the following:

RELATIONSHIP CERTIFICATE **> Birth Certificate of child with both parents name.
        MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE **> Parents' marriage certificate to prove they are the same in relationship certificate.
        CURRENT PASSPORT **> US Passport. Include information page with photo, next 2 pages and 4 pages at the end that says "Endorsements".
        INDIAN ORIGIN PROOF **> Both parents' OCI or cancelled Indian passport.
        Scanned signature of parents in JPG format
        Scanned photo of applicant in JPG format

Printed copies of the following:

US Passport **> Include information page with photo, next 2 pages and 4 pages at the end that says "Endorsements".
        Proof of Address of Parents **> Both parents' driving license ID card in one page

Include copies of the uploaded PDF documents, even though they are not listed in the document checklist. Order it in the same order listed in the checklist.

Good luck!
        do i have to scan the cover page where it says "Passport United state of america...or start from photo page and 2pgs after that like u said and last 4 pages (whch has nothing in it) why empty pages to scan....thks

Comment

Start with photo page

Originally posted by lpsmp View Post
          do i have to scan the cover page where it says "Passport United state of america...or start from photo page and 2pgs after that like u said and last 4 pages (whch has nothing in it) why empty pages to scan....thks
          4 pages (2 scans of open pages / 1 scan = 2 pages) starting from the photo page. Then 2 scans at the end that says "Endorsements". Total 4 scanned pages.

Comment

scanned pasport pages

4 pages (2 scans of open pages / 1 scan = 2 pages) starting from the photo page. Then 2 scans at the end that says "Endorsements". Total 4 scanned pages.
            thks Liberty48 for the suggestion..
            Now when i scan these 4 pages in PDF format it is a big file more thn 500kb..what should i do...
            i feel if i upload each scanned pdf then the file is small...can i do that or it has to be uploaded as a folder which will be more than 500kb...anothr suggestion pls...thks

Comment

Use 300dpi scanner

thks Liberty48 for the suggestion..
              Now when i scan these 4 pages in PDF format it is a big file more thn 500kb..what should i do...
              i feel if i upload each scanned pdf then the file is small...can i do that or it has to be uploaded as a folder which will be more than 500kb...anothr suggestion pls...thks
              Only PDF scan files can be uploaded for documents. No folders. But all pages have to be in one file. I found a Chrome extension app that merges files. You can also print all the passport pages and then scan them together as one (as some scanners may not support multiple manual passport scanning scanning in one file). If you have a Adobe Professional in office PC, you can do all this **** * in it - merge, save, save as low dpi.

Use a low DPI scanner. Play with your scanner to set low DPI settings. You may have to try few times to find out settings.

Comment

Photo & signature size

have another Q reg the size of image..CKGS and Govt site both say it should be less than 200 kb but in this forum all are saying it should be Less than 30 kb..which one should i follow..i tried scanning the photo and when checked the size it was 30 kb did not have to go to MSpaint at all..pls I need your advise and suggestion...thks a lot...also somewhere around i read the documets to mail should be signed in Black ink ..is this true?..so it means no regular blue ink

Comment

Black

have another Q reg the size of image..CKGS and Govt site both say it should be less than 200 kb but in this forum all are saying it should be Less than 30 kb..which one should i follow..i tried scanning the photo and when checked the size it was 30 kb did not have to go to MSpaint at all..pls I need your advise and suggestion...thks a lot...also somewhere around i read the documets to mail should be signed in Black ink ..is this true?..so it means no regular blue ink
                  I signed in black. Not sure where it says only black is accepted.

There is an "How to apply" document for OCI on CKGS website. That has more details.

Comment

Photo and signature size

I signed in black. Not sure where it says only black is accepted.

There is an "How to apply" document for OCI on CKGS website. That has more details.
                    Tks Liberty48..u r very prompt in advises and recommendations...appreciate as we confused ppl need tht..thks once again..

could u pls tell me abt the size part of photo and signature..if i get correct size -less than 30 kb after scanning and saving as jpeg on the desktop..is it ok...I dont have to go to MS Paint to put all those pixels and resize... thks in advance for your time..

Comment

ok

Tks Liberty48..u r very prompt in advises and recommendations...appreciate as we confused ppl need tht..thks once again..

could u pls tell me abt the size part of photo and signature..if i get correct size -less than 30 kb after scanning and saving as jpeg on the desktop..is it ok...I dont have to go to MS Paint to put all those pixels and resize... thks in advance for your time..
                      Should be ok. Was there any error message when you uploaded the 30KB jpeg?

Comment

jpeg size

Should be ok. Was there any error message when you uploaded the 30KB jpeg?
                        NO i have not yet uploaded..just gathering info and i see alot of ppl in this forum have written should be less than 30kb whereas the govt site and ckgs are saying less than 200 kb

what was your image size when u uploaded...thks
                        also i notice the same scanned image if i bring to MS paint the size shows as 44 kb and then i play with the pixels and when saved it is 29 kb...i wish the info was good with ckgs and govt
                        Last edited by lanceci; 04-12-2018, 10:15 PM.

Comment

ssignature size

NO i have not yet uploaded..just gathering info and i see alot of ppl in this forum have written should be less than 30kb whereas the govt site and ckgs are saying less than 200 kb

also i notice the same scanned image if i bring to MS paint the size shows as 44 kb and then i play with the pixels and when saved it is 29 kb...i wish the info was good with ckgs and govt
                          Hi well wishers..
                          after resizing my signature on MS Paint the size is showing as 10.5 kb and its clear..is the size ok to upload.,,please who evr has done pls advise..thks alot

Comment

Oci photo

Hi, I would strongly urge you to print the instructions for the photo from the CKGS site and then head to your local photo shop,not CVS or its kind they will do it correctly for you, I tried to do it myself and photo's got rejected, so then got it done digitally and physical photos for $30.00 and it was approved by CKGS. So in my case i was trying to be penny wise pound foolish, but learnt my lesson.

Comment

thanks Liberty48 for perfect info put up

Liberty48,,thanks alot for the perfect and correct info u put up reg OCI for all the countryfolks to understand and what to submit and what to scan..it helped me a lot and now i am happy this stress is over..got the OCI card ...thanks once again for answering all my queries in this forum..

Comment

thanks to Liberty48 for all the input on OCI

Liberty48,,thanks alot for the perfect and correct info u put up reg OCI for all the countryfolks and answering all my queries reg scanning and what to submit ..it helped me a lot and now i am happy this stress is over..got the OCI card ...thanks once again

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X