Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any filers from Georgia? Share your experience!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Approved on spot!!

Hey guys I'd like to share my interview experience. I came here on a B2 visa and overstayed 8 months. When I got married I was still in status but due to the fees being raised, it took a while for my husband to save up money because he was also trying to clear up credit card debts. Anyways, the interview was at 12:05pm but we got called in at 12:18pm. We arrived 20 mins early and sat in the parking lot and prayed together before going in. I was so nervous. The officer was a white guy in his 60s and he was nice. He made us raise our right hand and swore to tell the truth, then we sat. I then had to fingerprint my left index then right index finger and looked into the camera. He asked us for our ID's and interview notice then he casually asked us how we met and my husband answered that we met 6 years ago online & I told him the exact month and date and also how we communicated. He then joked and asked my husband how come he didn't think I was a scammer and my husband told him I never asked for money and I was persistent in friendship. After that he asked if I have any documents for him and I gave him my medical, updated i864 with paystubs, job letter and 2017 tax returns. My husband formerly worked for a prominent university in Georgia so the officer asked him why he left and he told the officer that he took the job offer working for the Mayor because it paid more. He and my husband then started talking about the commute, etc. He then asked me what I did in my country and I told him that I worked for the government body that deals with security & immigration. He asked me questions on it and I was glad to explain what I did. He looked at the pictures I put together on Microsoft word & cards that family sent us. I also put together pictures of my husband and I at a wedding we recently attended along with the invitation and he liked that.
    I also gave him a letter listing me as beneficiary to my husband's retirement account and an updated renter's insurance policy, phone bill showing both numbers listed on the account in my husband's name. I had other things like ********, Instagram, emails, money transfer receipts, etc but I didn't give him anything he didn't ask for, he was contented with what I gave him.
    He was like, "Well! U guys were easy!" My husband asked him if he usually gets complicated cases and he said that he's been a cop so some cases are complicated then my husband told him that he was also a cop for 6 years & they both started talking again! My husband also played college football & coaches kids part time. The officer was very much engaged in chatting with my husband , asking him questions about what he did, etc. He then gave us an approval letter & told us that I will get an approval letter for i130 in the mail & the green card for i485 in 2-5 weeks(hopefully sooner lol). He then started to explain conditional green card stuff and told us what documents to send in for 90 days before the 2 year card is up. I'm so happy this journey is almost over! My interview went well and I think because my husband had a good job and currently also has a good job that deals with prominent bodies & law enforcement is why my application was straight forward and the officer barely asked questions and him and my husband interacting so we'll about their jobs! We didn't have any financial co-mingling because of me not having a SSN, no joint bills cuz companies wouldn't put me on them, I overstayed my Visa, no questions were asked on that! It was very easy.
    Thanks to; UsCitizenFilingForSpouse, azblk, inadmissible, and all the others who helped me when I had questions about the forms! God bless you guys!😇
    Filed I-130, I130A, I-485, I-765
    Priority Date: 01/22/2018
    Date Received NOA Letters: 02/02/2018
    Courtesy Letter for i693: 02/20/2018
    Biometrics Done: 02/21/2018
    Interview(rec' approval letter): 05/31/2018
    EAD card in production: 06/02/2018
    EAD card in hand: 06/07/2018
    SSN card in hand: 06/09/2018
    GC approval/production notifications: 07/08/2018
    Card mailed notification: 07/09/2018
    I130 & I485 approval letters received: 07/09/2018
    GC in hand: 07/11/2018

Comment

Originally posted by kaylip View Post
      Hey guys I'd like to share my interview experience. I came here on a B2 visa and overstayed 8 months. When I got married I was still in status but due to the fees being raised, it took a while for my husband to save up money because he was also trying to clear up credit card debts. Anyways, the interview was at 12:05pm but we got called in at 12:18pm. We arrived 20 mins early and sat in the parking lot and prayed together before going in. I was so nervous. The officer was a white guy in his 60s and he was nice. He made us raise our right hand and swore to tell the truth, then we sat. I then had to fingerprint my left index then right index finger and looked into the camera. He asked us for our ID's and interview notice then he casually asked us how we met and my husband answered that we met 6 years ago online & I told him the exact month and date and also how we communicated. He then joked and asked my husband how come he didn't think I was a scammer and my husband told him I never asked for money and I was persistent in friendship. After that he asked if I have any documents for him and I gave him my medical, updated i864 with paystubs, job letter and 2017 tax returns. My husband formerly worked for a prominent university in Georgia so the officer asked him why he left and he told the officer that he took the job offer working for the Mayor because it paid more. He and my husband then started talking about the commute, etc. He then asked me what I did in my country and I told him that I worked for the government body that deals with security & immigration. He asked me questions on it and I was glad to explain what I did. He looked at the pictures I put together on Microsoft word & cards that family sent us. I also put together pictures of my husband and I at a wedding we recently attended along with the invitation and he liked that.
      I also gave him a letter listing me as beneficiary to my husband's retirement account and an updated renter's insurance policy, phone bill showing both numbers listed on the account in my husband's name. I had other things like ********, Instagram, emails, money transfer receipts, etc but I didn't give him anything he didn't ask for, he was contented with what I gave him.
      He was like, "Well! U guys were easy!" My husband asked him if he usually gets complicated cases and he said that he's been a cop so some cases are complicated then my husband told him that he was also a cop for 6 years & they both started talking again! My husband also played college football & coaches kids part time. The officer was very much engaged in chatting with my husband , asking him questions about what he did, etc. He then gave us an approval letter & told us that I will get an approval letter for i130 in the mail & the green card for i485 in 2-5 weeks(hopefully sooner lol). He then started to explain conditional green card stuff and told us what documents to send in for 90 days before the 2 year card is up. I'm so happy this journey is almost over! My interview went well and I think because my husband had a good job and currently also has a good job that deals with prominent bodies & law enforcement is why my application was straight forward and the officer barely asked questions and him and my husband interacting so we'll about their jobs! We didn't have any financial co-mingling because of me not having a SSN, no joint bills cuz companies wouldn't put me on them, I overstayed my Visa, no questions were asked on that! It was very easy.
      Thanks to; UsCitizenFilingForSpouse, azblk, inadmissible, and all the others who helped me when I had questions about the forms! God bless you guys!😇
      You were sitting right by me and hubby!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cucu2102 View Post
        You were sitting right by me and hubby!!!
        Lol omg are u serious? We dressed professionally & I saw u guys did too😇. How was your interview?

Comment

Lol omg are u serious? We dressed professionally & I saw u guys did too😇. How was your interview?
          It was so fast she ask less than 8 personal questions and gave me the approval letter but she said her supervisor has to review it but it shouldn?t be a problem! Did your IO said anything about the review?

Comment

Originally posted by Cucu2102 View Post
            It was so fast she ask less than 8 personal questions and gave me the approval letter but she said her supervisor has to review it but it shouldn?t be a problem! Did your IO said anything about the review?
            He said we were easy and and gave us the approval letter and explained I'll get the card within 2-5 weeks and just went over what to send in for i-751. I also asked him about my EAD card and he checked his system and said someone has it on their desk and is working on it so I should get it soon.

Comment

Congratulations!!! Fantastic news! It could not have gone better. I am very happy for you. You were diligent in gathering solid evidence of bona fide marriage, and it certainly paid off. All the best!

Comment

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
                Congratulations!!! Fantastic news! It could not have gone better. I am very happy for you. You were diligent in gathering solid evidence of bona fide marriage, and it certainly paid off. All the best!
                Thank you for your help and guidance! Good luck on your interview!

Comment

Thank you for your help and guidance! Good luck on your interview!
                  You're so welcome! Please pay it foward and keep helping anyone in need! I hope moving does the trick for us. We shall see. If not, it'll at least be nice to be in warmer weather. :-)

Comment

Any Updates on EAD?

I had my bio-metrics done in May,waiting for the EAD,has anyone filing at the Atlanta field office received their EAD?My priority date was in March i think.

Comment

Originally posted by Jameisbong View Post
                      I had my bio-metrics done in May,waiting for the EAD,has anyone filing at the Atlanta field office received their EAD?My priority date was in March i think.
                      MY PD is 2/22 and I haven?t received my EAD yet. I?m filing from ATL. I?m praying that I get it in the next two weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Jameisbong View Post
                        As you can see from my timeline, I got my EAD the 131st day, after the interview. One thing you should know though. Your i765/131 cases are not at the field office. They're processed from NBC officers and the EAD cards are shipped from Kentucky.
                        The processing time for family based i765 right now is 4-6 months. It's no longer 3 months. I got mine on the 4th month.

Comment

Originally posted by Plz View Post
                          MY PD is 2/22 and I haven?t received my EAD yet. I?m filing from ATL. I?m praying that I get it in the next two weeks.
                          Oh wow that's a long wait,hopefully something does come through soon.I'm thinking of expediting mine if its possible?

- - - Updated - - -

As you can see from my timeline, I got my EAD the 131st day, after the interview. One thing you should know though. Your i765/131 cases are not at the field office. They're processed from NBC officers and the EAD cards are shipped from Kentucky.
                          The processing time for family based i765 right now is 4-6 months. It's no longer 3 months. I got mine on the 4th month.
                          4 Months is an awfully long time,but i hope and pray something comes up in August.I want to try and get them to expedite my EAD card.

Comment

My PD in November 2017 and I received my EAD in early February. I haven?t heard anything since. My lawyer gave me a waiver to sign a waiver so he can contact our senator two weeks ago.

Comment

Pd 3/5/18, atl filer

Pd 3/5/18. Last update stated fingerprint review completed 4/13/18. Praying for EAD card soon. And also hoping the interview dates are not really 14-34 months as stated on the website for processing times.

Comment

PD 7/5/2017 - US citizen filed parent case

Hello,

I am from Atlanta too. I filed my mom case on July 2017, only approved her EAD in last Oct, 2017 then nothing else. Now she has to submit her EAD renewal request. Its really a horrible waiting game.

mw1103

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X