No announcement yet.

H1b Visa Stamping (First renewal) Experience Matamoros, Mexico -- January 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b Visa Stamping (First renewal) Experience Matamoros, Mexico -- January 2018

Stamping location : Mexico ( Matamoros )---January 2018

Visa : H1b
    Term : First renewal
    Background: Ms in Usa (Computer science), First h1b stamping done at Hyderabad, India.

I booked my trip via a travel agent--- USVISAMEX (Mark)--- Website : http://www.usvisamex.com/
    He will take care of travel ( pick from airport/ drop off , driving to consulate/ drop off ), food , hotel / motel. Mark travel agent is extremely helpful.
    The motel I stayed is good and their is a restaurant down in the hotel. Food is decent. No worries about stay and food. Not many people speak English other than travel agents.

Fingerprints on Jan 30 at 9Am .
    Same simple steps, You need DS160, Confirmation page of interviews, passport.

Interview on Jan 31 at 8Am:
    They first took my i797 and passport and scanned them.

Interview:

How long have you been working with this employer ?
    Ans: 5 years

What do you for this employer?
    Ans : I am a programmer analyst and i develop and so on...

How much does he pay you ?
    Ans : i told him the salary that's present in my LCA

Do you have an end client ?
    Ans : Yes
    What does the end client do or what are they ?
    Ans : my End client has variuos projects and i work on a specific one , and explained them what do i do in that project.

Where did do your masters from ?
    Ans : Usa and told him university name and course.

That?s it.

VO told me in the interview that my petition was not in the system yet and it usually takes two to three hours for them to get updated in their system.
    When I went to pick up they asked come next day at 2 and handed me the passport with visa.

Most of the interviews were done quickly and everyone got their passport by 2 on same day except me. I got mine the next day.

What i observed was VO's are asking almost all questions for the applicants. Be ready with your answer's.

Make sure to carry all your documents with you . At the time of visa interview they asked for employer /client letters, w2 for some people. When coming to USA Via Matamoros port of entry , I was asked by POE officers
    to show MS Degree , employer letter , i797 and few questions about my masters and job role. People who are going for 3 rd extensions or beyond 6 years of regular h1 quota please carry your I-140.

All the best folks

DS 160: Visa fee payments

how did you make the $190 visa fee payment? it looks like they don't allow Credit card payments anymore.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X