Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Follow to Join for spouse after receiving green card through consular processing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Follow to Join for spouse after receiving green card through consular processing

I was looking over your website and it states that if you get married after the green card interview but before admittance to the USA as an LPR you can still file follow to join for your spouse.

This is my story. I was recently admitted to the USA after doing consular processing at the US consulate in London (I?m a British Citizen).

My spouse on the other hand is an Egyptian citizen currently residing in Egypt. We got married after my green card interview and before I was admitted to the USA. He would like to do his follow to join interview in Egypt.

Do you know how we go about this since my application/interview was done at the London consulate?

We looked into the I824 to inform them about the follow to Join but because the application was done outside the USA with the NVC and not through the i485 with the adjustment of status through the USCIS, we are not sure how to go about applying for the follow to Join.

Do you have any ideas on this?

Thanks

Whitney

Originally posted by Miss Unique View Post
    I was looking over your website and it states that if you get married after the green card interview but before admittance to the USA as an LPR you can still file follow to join for your spouse.

This is my story. I was recently admitted to the USA after doing consular processing at the US consulate in London (I?m a British Citizen).

My spouse on the other hand is an Egyptian citizen currently residing in Egypt. We got married after my green card interview and before I was admitted to the USA. He would like to do his follow to join interview in Egypt.

Do you know how we go about this since my application/interview was done at the London consulate?

We looked into the I824 to inform them about the follow to Join but because the application was done outside the USA with the NVC and not through the i485 with the adjustment of status through the USCIS, we are not sure how to go about applying for the follow to Join.

Thanks

Whitney
    What category did you immigrate in?

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
      What category did you immigrate in?
      The category was E31

Comment

Thanks

Whitney

Hi Miss Unique,

I am new here. I am also trying to bring my spouse in the US. but I got my Green Card through adjustment of status and I just submitted an I-824, follow to join.
        I have read on the I-824 instructions that when one enters the US on a Green Card, I-824 is not applicable. I am not sure but I think it should be I-130

"Do not file Form I-824 with USCIS
        if you are requesting follow-to-join benefits for your spouse and/or children, and you
        are in one of the following classifications:
        You were issued an immigrant visa at a U.S. Embassy or U.S. Consulate via consular processing and were admitted to
        the United States as a lawful permanent resident (LPR) on an immigrant visa"

Comment

Thanks

Whitney
          If you immigrated through Consular Processing and your derivative beneficiary also wants to immigrate through Consular Processing, you would contact the consulate to add her to your case. You would not file I-824.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X