Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Indian Passport Renewal Atlanta - What is the latest processing time ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian Passport Renewal Atlanta - What is the latest processing time ?

Hello,
    Anyone renewed Indian passport recently at atlanta contulate ? I wanted to find out the latest processing times.
    I wanted to find out if it really takes 6-8 weeks to process passport renewal in Atlanta or can it happen sooner than that ? I applied on Jan 25, and I am travelling in Middle of March and wanted to find out if I am cutting too close...

Thanks !

less than a month

I applied for my passport renewal on 12/20/17 and received it back on 1/19/18 or so. You should be fine (unless they find any issues with documentation). Best wishes! P.

Comment

Originally posted by pratikchhatbar View Post
      I applied for my passport renewal on 12/20/17 and received it back on 1/19/18 or so. You should be fine (unless they find any issues with documentation). Best wishes! P.
      Thank you for your reply !

Comment

Passport reissue - Atlanta

Hi Vivek!
        Can you share the time frame it took for you to get passport in hand in your case? I have applied on Feb 15 in Atlanta and in need of my passport by end of march to apply for my higher education . Appreciate you response!

Comment

Passport renewal @ Atlanta

Originally posted by Vivek Joshi View Post
          Hello,
          Anyone renewed Indian passport recently at atlanta contulate ? I wanted to find out the latest processing times.
          I wanted to find out if it really takes 6-8 weeks to process passport renewal in Atlanta or can it happen sooner than that ? I applied on Jan 25, and I am travelling in Middle of March and wanted to find out if I am cutting too close...

Thanks !
          Hi Vivek,

Now i am facing the similar situation, my passport was there at Atlanta Consulate since Feb 20th, Website is still showing under process. I need my passport urgently for my upcoming trip in 3 weeks. Thinking to cancel the current application and planning to apply tatkal tomorrow . Please tell me your application processing time so that i can take better decision.

Thanks in advance.
          Last edited by satishmsis; 04-02-2018, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by smadan01 View Post
            Hi Vivek!
            Can you share the time frame it took for you to get passport in hand in your case? I have applied on Feb 15 in Atlanta and in need of my passport by end of march to apply for my higher education . Appreciate you response!

Hi Madan,

I was wonderful if you received any update on your case. I have applied my passport for renewal on Feb 20 to Altanta and it is still under consulate for review. I am seriously thinking to withdraw and file in tatkal as i have upcoming trip in 3 th week of april. Your answer/status really help my situation. Please let me know.

Thank you very much in advance,

Satish

Comment

Passport Renewal Atlanta

Hello Vivek, Madan, Satish

Any update on your passports? I applied it on Mar 14th 2018, and it is still with Embassy. I already booked the tickets for May 16th. Please let me know your passport status, so that I can decide on withdrawing the application (if that option is available).

Thanks in Advance.

Shilpa

Comment

Originally posted by shilpa01 View Post

Any update on your passports? I applied it on Mar 14th 2018, and it is still with Embassy. I already booked the tickets for May 16th. Please let me know your passport status, so that I can decide on withdrawing the application (if that option is available).

Thanks in Advance.

Shilpa
                Hello,

Any update on your passports? Also is there option to withdraw the current application?

Thanks in advance

Geetha

Comment

Originally posted by Vivek Joshi View Post
                  Hello,

Thanks !
                  Did you get your passport? How long did it take?
                  I applied on 13-Mar-2018 and it is still showing "Under processing at Embassy". It's been in the same status for 6 weeks now.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks in Advance.

Shilpa
                  I applied on 13-Mar-2018 and it is still showing "Under processing at Embassy". It's been in the same status for 6 weeks now.

Comment

Originally posted by geetha1987 View Post
                    Hello,

Any update on your passports? Also is there option to withdraw the current application?

Thanks in advance

Geetha
                    I have also applied for my son's Indian passport for renewal. Status is "In Embassy" since 12th April. We have travel on 16th May. I will wait till May 10th else will cancel his passport renewal. I sent mail to CKGS but they are not confirming anything.

I still do not get why passport renewal in Atlanta Embassy takes 6 - 8 weeks. They told if i wish to withdraw then can withdraw using this link - http://passport.in.ckgs.us/withdraw-my-passport/ . But, i will have to lose all fees.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks in advance

Geetha

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by sajid2135 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Its still with Embassy. One of my friends applied it on March 1st and they got it back on Apr16th. So I am expecting mine during next week. Lets see.

Comment

- - - Updated - - -

Its still with Embassy. One of my friends applied it on March 1st and they got it back on Apr16th. So I am expecting mine during next week. Lets see.
                        Update: I got my passport today 4/26/2018.

Timeline:
                        Apr 25, 2018 - Wednesday 02:49 pm Passport picked up by Fedex.
                        Apr 25, 2018 - Wednesday 02:48 pm Passport ?Received? at the CKGS application centre and is at the ?Sorting Facility? where it is being processed for delivery.
                        Apr 25, 2018 - Wednesday 02:31 pm Application 'Reviewed' by Consulate and ?In Transit? to CKGS Application Centre.
                        Mar 13, 2018 - Tuesday 05:27 pm Application is 'Under Process' at Consulate for decision making.
                        Mar 13, 2018 - Tuesday 05:24 pm Application is 'In Transit' to the Consulate.
                        Mar 13, 2018 - Tuesday 04:27 pm Application is ?Under Process? at CKGS.
                        Mar 13, 2018 - Tuesday 10:01 am Application Verification is ?Complete?. Processing of your application will continue.
                        Mar 13, 2018 - Tuesday 10:00 am Application ?Received? by CKGS and 'Not Verified'.

Comment

Originally posted by satishmsis View Post
                          Hi Madan,

I was wonderful if you received any update on your case. I have applied my passport for renewal on Feb 20 to Altanta and it is still under consulate for review. I am seriously thinking to withdraw and file in tatkal as i have upcoming trip in 3 th week of april. Your answer/status really help my situation. Please let me know.

Thank you very much in advance,

Satish
                          Hello,

Is there any update on your approval? I filed for withdrawal on Apr 27 but it is still pending in status " Application Withdrawal Request " It has been 3 business days and no response from Consulate yet. I tried reaching out to CKGS customer care($2.50/min) and they say the same reply as showing online. I have my travel planned on May 15th and wanted to apply in Tatkal after receiving the passport.

Thanks
                          Geetha

Comment

Reg- passport renewal

Hello,

Is there any update on your approval? I filed for withdrawal on Apr 27 but it is still pending in status " Application Withdrawal Request " It has been 3 business days and no response from Consulate yet. I tried reaching out to CKGS customer care($2.50/min) and they say the same reply as showing online. I have my travel planned on May 15th and wanted to apply in Tatkal after receiving the passport.

Thanks
                            Geetha

I am also in same boat. My application has been in Embassy since March 20th. I am worried as we have upcoming travel on May 22nd. Do you mind to tell me when you applied for passport?

Thanks

Comment

Hello,

Thanks
                              Geetha
                              Geetha, did you get your passport back on your application withdrawal request ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X