X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• at NVC

F3-mumbai

our pd became current in jan2018.
    when i check my visa status at ceac.state/ceacstattracker/status, it shows: at NVC

*does it mean, they still have not decided on our interview date (albeit not the interview itself)*

*is it normal/precedent that i have not been intimated of our interview date, even though it's been more than a month since our pd became current (in jan18)*

Did you pay fees, submit documents to NVC and receive case complete from NVC?

Originally posted by dealsone View Post
    F3-mumbai

our pd became current in jan2018.
    when i check my visa status at ceac.state/ceacstattracker/status, it shows: at NVC

*does it mean, they still have not decided on our interview date (albeit not the interview itself)*

*is it normal/precedent that i have not been intimated of our interview date, even though it's been more than a month since our pd became current (in jan18)*

Comment

Originally posted by Popat View Post
      Did you pay fees, submit documents to NVC and receive case complete from NVC?
      yes, yes yes

Comment

Contact NVC asap

yes, yes yes

Comment

Contact NVC asap
          we have even received an email way back in nov17 stating 'documents received...you are in line for an interview...'

Comment

That is fine. When you are saying your PD was current in Jan'18, you can contact NVC and ask why interview is not scheduled even your PD is current.

we have even received an email way back in nov17 stating 'documents received...you are in line for an interview...'

Comment

That is fine. When you are saying your PD was current in Jan'18, you can contact NVC and ask why interview is not scheduled even your PD is current.
              do you mean
              if PD becomes current in jan18, they HAVE to (regardless) intimate the interview date in jan18 itself. (albeit: not the interview itself)
              OR
              any there are precedents, that intimation of the interview date gets prolonged even after PD becomes current (how prolonged)

Comment

Usually they schedule interview in the same month it becomes current. There is chance that if they have more people during specific PD movement and they want to limit VISA to specific less numbers for that month, then they reserve few for next month.

Well in any case, it doesn't hurt to call NVC and ask. you will get more profound answer from them.

do you mean
                if PD becomes current in jan18, they HAVE to (regardless) intimate the interview date in jan18 itself. (albeit: not the interview itself)
                OR
                any there are precedents, that intimation of the interview date gets prolonged even after PD becomes current (how prolonged)

Comment

Usually they schedule interview in the same month it becomes current. There is chance that if they have more people during specific PD movement and they want to limit VISA to specific less numbers for that month, then they reserve few for next month.

Well in any case, it doesn't hurt to call NVC and ask. you will get more profound answer from them.
                  i wrote to nvc & they replied

'The National Visa Center (NVC) received all the requested documentation for this immigrant visa case. The applicant is now in the queue awaiting an interview appointment overseas, where a consular officer will adjudicate the applicant?s visa application. '

THIS IS THE SAME EXACT REPLY/EMAIL I RECEIVED FROM NVC IN 15NOV17 & NOW ON 22FEB18

does this mean my case is static.

Comment

What is your PD?

i wrote to nvc & they replied

'The National Visa Center (NVC) received all the requested documentation for this immigrant visa case. The applicant is now in the queue awaiting an interview appointment overseas, where a consular officer will adjudicate the applicant?s visa application. '

THIS IS THE SAME EXACT REPLY/EMAIL I RECEIVED FROM NVC IN 15NOV17 & NOW ON 22FEB18

does this mean my case is static.

Comment

What is your PD?
                      [F3]
                      10 sep 2006

Comment

Who told your PD is current?

[F3]
                        10 sep 2006

Comment

oops
                          it's 10 sep 2005

Comment

F3

interview on 18apr18 @ mumbai [me+spouse(principal applicant)+child]

1. is the immigration interview a mere formality or they could reject/disapprove.
                            -in that case, what would be the most likely reason/s for refusal.

2. i read in one of the thread, they ask for your financial records - WHY?

3. (if approved) the immigration fees (around usd 220 for each applicant) - is this payable in mumbai or at immigration counter-usa

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                            X