Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

citizenship interview went wrong, should i hire a lawyer for correction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• citizenship interview went wrong, should i hire a lawyer for correction?

hello everyone,
    I had my citizenship interview about a month ago, No decision can be made......
    so when IO was asking me about my sibling I answered it wrong
    Io asked how many sibling you have ,I said two(which is right)
    then he asked if i am the elder one or.. I said my first two sisters and then brother( which is wrong..this is my husband's family situation) and IO moved on
    he asked me about my Ex husband and I started telling about my first husband, which confused him.( I applied on 5 year rule, got green card through marriage to USC and divorced after 2 years and 8 months)
    IO made me sign the paper with all the question I have answered, I noted m mistake but did not say some thing ....which I don't know why( I got scared after all the questions he was asking me about my both marriages and why my USC husband applied divorce in different state)
    went their unprepared... what are my oppositions.. please help

please help..

should I hire a lawyer and try to correct it or wait for their response

Comment

Originally posted by login View Post
      should I hire a lawyer and try to correct it or wait for their response
      If I were in your shoes, I would if they deny the application. Put yourself in the IOs' shoes, where all they are trying to determine is that you did not get your GC using inaccurate information. Since you could not get your family member's straight and confused your ex-husbands, it might make them doubt.

Comment

How is your English?

Do you think the problem was your English or your memory?

I would ask a lawyer what to do next, but it will cost you some money.

USCIS should let you know in writing what additional information is needed. You probably will get some information in the mail.

If you do not understand basic questions about your life, and the information on your N-400 application is different than your answers to the officer, then you can see why "No decision can be made at this time."

I think that you need to practice answering all the written questions on the N-400 application as well.

Comment

You did not clearly understand the questions, or you felt a need to "hide" something when responding.

Wait until your receive some documentation about the outcome before looking for an attorney.

--Ray B

Originally posted by login View Post
          hello everyone,
          I had my citizenship interview about a month ago, No decision can be made......
          so when IO was asking me about my sibling I answered it wrong
          Io asked how many sibling you have ,I said two(which is right)
          then he asked if i am the elder one or.. I said my first two sisters and then brother( which is wrong..this is my husband's family situation) and IO moved on
          he asked me about my Ex husband and I started telling about my first husband, which confused him.( I applied on 5 year rule, got green card through marriage to USC and divorced after 2 years and 8 months)
          IO made me sign the paper with all the question I have answered, I noted m mistake but did not say some thing ....which I don't know why( I got scared after all the questions he was asking me about my both marriages and why my USC husband applied divorce in different state)
          went their unprepared... what are my oppositions.. please help

Comment

I agree with Ray.

Find out if it is going to be a problem first. Lawyers are expensive.

Good Luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X