PERM status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IntlStudent View Post
    My PERM application was filed on Dec 15 2017. And my STEM Extension is ending on June 15th and F1 visa expiring in Dec 2018.

I need to have a PERM decision before May end so Premium I140 can be filed on time. My Employer's attorney informed me that it can take as long as 6 months.

- - - Updated - - -

On Dec 15th.

According to Attorney, should have Decision on that around May end, the latest.
    Let us know if you get it; seems like they are reviewing the Dec 2017 cases.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by nickrby View Post
    Hi!

My attorney filed the PERM form on December 13th, and the average days for December applications was 121 calendar days. Does anyone know if this number reflects reality?
    Once I get an answer for the PERM form (and considering a premium processing for the I-140), how long should I estimate that will take me to have everything in order? 4-5months?

Thanks!! Good luck to all.

Let us know if you get it. Now they are dealing with Dec 2017 cases.

Comment

Anyone applied Dec 2017, any update? You got your labor certification?

Comment

Originally posted by AJ16 View Post
        Thanks for encouraging :-) Hope is all one has in these situations. Nonetheless, I will need to exit the country. I secured work permit in canada until my PERM and i-140 gets approved.

As of my latest, my attorney has responded back to PERM Audit. Waiting for the reply now. My Priority date is of SEP 2017 and based on USCIS site, they are processing AUG 2017 Audit cases. Hopefully I hearback something by end of May.

As I said, I am currently working from Canada until my PERM/I-140 gets approved and H1B extension can be applied. My Employer is considering applying for my B1 visa because my client in US needs me for technical discussions. I wanted to make sure applying for B1 shouldn't affect my PERM. Any thoughts on this?

Comment

As of my latest, my attorney has responded back to PERM Audit. Waiting for the reply now. My Priority date is of SEP 2017 and based on USCIS site, they are processing AUG 2017 Audit cases. Hopefully I hearback something by end of May.

As I said, I am currently working from Canada until my PERM/I-140 gets approved and H1B extension can be applied. My Employer is considering applying for my B1 visa because my client in US needs me for technical discussions. I wanted to make sure applying for B1 shouldn't affect my PERM. Any thoughts on this?
          I was checking PERMCHECKER.com and it shows my PERM case has been certified. Any idea how long does it take for USCIS to get back to Attorney with official notice about it?

Comment

I was checking PERMCHECKER.com and it shows my PERM case has been certified. Any idea how long does it take for USCIS to get back to Attorney with official notice about it?
            Wow! Didn't find it before; thanks for sharing that website. Is it DOL legit website?

Mine was approved by middle of last month and my attorney did not receive the original yet. They said DOL has some issues and all the certificates are delayed.

Comment

Originally posted by 2018memcan View Post
              Wow! Didn't find it before; thanks for sharing that website. Is it DOL legit website?

Mine was approved by the middle of last month and my attorney did not receive the original yet. They said DOL has some issues and all the certificates are delayed.

I believe their source is DOL site. You can refer to labor certification registry for same as well - https://lcr-pjr.doleta.gov/index.cfm....dspLCRLanding
              Congratulations on getting your PERM approved. Yeah, I think you are right. Looks like certificates are delayed. Just so frustrating...
              hope we hear back soon.

Comment

I believe their source is DOL site. You can refer to labor certification registry for same as well - https://lcr-pjr.doleta.gov/index.cfm....dspLCRLanding
                Congratulations on getting your PERM approved. Yeah, I think you are right. Looks like certificates are delayed. Just so frustrating...
                hope we hear back soon.
                My attorney told that there was an alert from DOL that due to an error in mailroom, they mailed some labor certificates to wrong addresses, some were sent to the employers instead of attorneys and some were not even sent at all.

Did anyone heard anything like that?

Its almost a month and we did not received any original document (Labor Certification)!!

Please share your experiences.

Comment

Originally posted by 2018memcan View Post
                  My attorney told that there was an alert from DOL that due to an error in mailroom, they mailed some labor certificates to wrong addresses, some were sent to the employers instead of attorneys and some were not even sent at all.

Did anyone heard anything like that?

Its almost a month and we did not received any original document (Labor Certification)!!

Please share your experiences.
                  omg! that's terrible!! Really frustating! I got mine today. Hope you receive it soon as well.

Comment

April 2018 PERM AUDIT

PERM application submitted April 2018
                    Sept 12, 2018 - I emailed the Lawyer as the DOL had started processing the June 2018 applications.
                    Sept 14, 2018 Lawyer submitted inquiry to DOL
                    Sept 17, 2018 DOL submitted an audit request (The job opportunity?s requirements, unless adequately documented as arising from business necessity, must be those normally required for the occupation and must not exceed the Specific Vocational Preparation level assigned to the occupation as shown in the O*NET Job Zones. To establish a business necessity, the employer must demonstrate the job duties and requirements bear a reasonable relationship to the occupation in the context of the employer?s business and are essential to perform the job in a reasonable manner. The job experience required by the employer in Section H.10 of the ETA Form 9089, 96 months, is beyond that normally required for the job opportunity as defined by O*Net. Please provide an explanation and documentation supporting the business necessity for this requirement.)

Q: H1B (6 Years) Expires in March 2019. Should I ask the Lawyer to check for period recapture on my H1B ?
                    Q: Lawyer is asking me to put together a business necessity doc. Is this standard?

Whats the correct process to follow in such cases?

Comment

Originally posted by tushardm View Post
                      PERM application submitted April 2018
                      Sept 12, 2018 - I emailed the Lawyer as the DOL had started processing the June 2018 applications.
                      Sept 14, 2018 Lawyer submitted inquiry to DOL
                      Sept 17, 2018 DOL submitted an audit request (The job opportunity?s requirements, unless adequately documented as arising from business necessity, must be those normally required for the occupation and must not exceed the Specific Vocational Preparation level assigned to the occupation as shown in the O*NET Job Zones. To establish a business necessity, the employer must demonstrate the job duties and requirements bear a reasonable relationship to the occupation in the context of the employer?s business and are essential to perform the job in a reasonable manner. The job experience required by the employer in Section H.10 of the ETA Form 9089, 96 months, is beyond that normally required for the job opportunity as defined by O*Net. Please provide an explanation and documentation supporting the business necessity for this requirement.)

Q: H1B (6 Years) Expires in March 2019. Should I ask the Lawyer to check for period recapture on my H1B ?
                      Q: Lawyer is asking me to put together a business necessity doc. Is this standard?

Whats the correct process to follow in such cases?
                      1. Yes, you should. It does not hurt to do so, and can only help since that gives you extra time. However, it also depends on how much recapture time you have. If it is a very short amount of time (say only a few weeks) it might not be worth the effort.
                      Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by scientist2016 View Post
                        1. Yes, you should. It does not hurt to do so, and can only help since that gives you extra time. However, it also depends on how much recapture time you have. If it is a very short amount of time (say only a few weeks) it might not be worth the effort.
                        Thank you - I appreciate the response.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X